Getting the most out of 129W

Actually not really.
The sweet spot is stronger but it is smaller.
The wobbling that some people believe happens with 129 having to be corrected due to inertial guidance systems malfunctioning would be exacerbated by a larger dish.
The larger dish, and the smaller sweet spot, will move more.

I am talking about this issue.

Certainly if you carefully aim at a properly working satellite your signals will be much better on a larger dish.
But, we were talking about so-called "wobble" of 129 in particular, and that is amplified by the smaller focal point.

Actually not really.
The wobbling that some people believe happens with 129 having to be corrected due to inertial guidance systems malfunctioning would be exacerbated by a larger dish.

Certainly if you carefully aim at a properly working satellite your signals will be much better on a larger dish.
But, we were talking about so-called "wobble" of 129 in particular, and that is amplified by the smaller focal point.

I'll say again. There are several members of this site that have proved what you are saying wrong.

Actually not really.

The actual reported signal strength numbers are that the signal strength "wobble" is much less with a larger dish, the larger the better.

I live in the PNW, and I use a 30 inch dish on 129 and I don't ever have the strength go to 0. Earlier today, it was dark and rainy, and I was getting close to 60 on some transponders...

129's wobble is not location but the orientation of it's footprint on the ground caused by loss of gyros.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)