Getting TV2 signal and HD signal to TV on single cable

asmcbride

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 20, 2005
WV/VA
Currently have (1) 622 and (1) 211, both using the HD outputs to the local TVs. All rooms have home runs of single coax back to the equipment closet. I've already got the separator and diplexers at the 622 to backfeed the TV2 signal back to the equipment closet.

Can I get this TV2 backfeed from my 622 to ride on the same cable as the SAT feed for my 211? Once the TV2 backfeed from the 622 is in the equipment closet can I run it into a splitter then take 1 of the outputs from the splitter and add it to a diplexer along with the SAT feed for the 211, then separate it out with a separator when I get to the 211 and send the TV2 signal to the coax input, thus giving me the ability to watch my DVR shows on the coax input of this TV and the HDMI input from the 211?

I hope this is clear...

You should be able to do that. Diplexers need to be used with an active signal (carrying voltage) and a passive (no voltage). The way you described will work, though I can't say the picture quality will be very great with that many breaks in the line.

Yes, but at the 211, to separate the backfeed channel from the sat feed, the part you need is another diplexer. Separators are different parts altogether. You probably know this, but I wanted to make sure. Diplexers don't care if the sat and ota bands run in the same direction or opposite direction. Only requirement is the wire carrying both signals is connected to the common port of the diplexer (usually the side with just one port).

good deal. once I get my wall mount and get the TV mounted I may check back in with a few more questions just to confirm. I'll let you know how it goes. Where is the best place to get the diplexers and what model/part number should I get? Thanks.

Go online and look for Holland brand diplexers either with a red sticker or blue sticker. They are Dish-approved parts so you know they ought to work.