SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 8, 2008
Recommended course of action . . .

(1) Contact DISH directly

(2) Go through a local sat TV installer

(3) DIRT member

(4) You can't have two Hopper 3s

Right. I forgot that you'll have to purchase that 2nd H3. So there should be a number (5) for Self Install. Tx.

I’m new to this forum and have been searching for info concerning adding receiver to account for rv. I’m with directv right now and I have a genie in my home an one in my rv. I really want to change to dish but I’m concerned about what kind of setup I can get In my rv. It’s my understanding that the Wally can be updated to a dual tuner with the correct satellite dish. I get so many different answers thru dish, dish Rv, and the dish installers. Seems like they all want to make me believe that I can’t have any dish other than the portable ones. My husband and I have been settling up our home style dish on a tripod for years so we’re not afraid of doing that. I need a setup for 2 TVs in the rv with dvr at least on one of them. I’m scheduled to have the hopper3 installed in my home tomorrow. If I buy a hopper receiver for my rv will dish let me add it to my home account? Any thoughts on this? Is Wally with ehd my best option or a non hopper Dvr , if the hopper isn’t an option in the rv? Also, I have a dpp dish I can use. It says dish pro plus on one side of the eye and WF10006YB on the other, is this compatible with using the Wally with updated dual tuner? Thanks in advance for any help. Everything I’ve read on this forum has been extremely helpful.

I would not go with a Hopper 3 for the RV. You'll never need all those tuners for one thing and it's just a big receiver that I rarely see "fit" well in an RV. I'd buy the Wallys and EHD for one of them, which gives you 2 tuners and a permanent solution in the RV. If you're fine setting up your own dish on a tripod, then do that. Plenty of RV'rs on here do it that way. I assume you have a Dish Pointer app and know the dish setups for each area you travel to, and with Dish you'll need to have a Western Arc and Eastern Arc LNBF to cover which ever area you're in. You live in Georgia so that's Eastern Arc. There are some real guru's on here than can help you get set up and pointed in the right direction

I would not go with a Hopper 3 for the RV. You'll never need all those tuners for one thing and it's just a big receiver that I rarely see "fit" well in an RV. I'd buy the Wallys and EHD for one of them, which gives you 2 tuners and a permanent solution in the RV. If you're fine setting up your own dish on a tripod, then do that. Plenty of RV'rs on here do it that way. I assume you have a Dish Pointer app and know the dish setups for each area you travel to, and with Dish you'll need to have a Western Arc and Eastern Arc LNBF to cover which ever area you're in. You live in Georgia so that's Eastern Arc. There are some real guru's on here than can help you get set up and pointed in the right direction
Thank you so much for your help.

Reactions: SandFarmer
I get so many different answers thru dish, dish Rv, and the dish installers. Seems like they all want to make me believe that I can’t have any dish other than the portable ones. My husband and I have been settling up our home style dish on a tripod for years so we’re not afraid of doing that. I need a setup for 2 TVs in the rv with dvr at least on one of them. I’m scheduled to have the hopper3 installed in my home tomorrow. If I buy a hopper receiver for my rv will dish let me add it to my home account?
First, you hijacked my thread. Please start a new thread next time. Anyway . . .

Have your H3 installed in your home, not your RV. Since you're adept at setting up a portable tripod, just get a DISH 1000.2 tripod with a DPH (Dish Hybrid Pro) LNBF. Check out DISH Depot (https://store.dishdepot.com).

Then just take your H3 along with you in your RV. Ain't no big deal.

I would not go with a Hopper 3 for the RV. You'll never need all those tuners for one thing and it's just a big receiver that I rarely see "fit" well in an RV. I'd buy the Wallys and EHD for one of them, which gives you 2 tuners and a permanent solution in the RV. If you're fine setting up your own dish on a tripod, then do that.
Ah, no. No need to get another DISH receiver when a H3 is available. I've had a Hoppers in my RV since 2012, before that a VIP 722 and before that a VIP 211 (the Wally's grandfather). There are a number of RVers using H3s. None of the other DISH receivers compare to the H3 in terms of ease of use, features, ability to add additional TVs, and, yes, those 16 tuners.

If you're not comfortable (ie, "good") setting up a manual tripod or you don't want to fork over $1500 or so for a rooftop Winegard Travler, then by all means get a Wally and one of those automatic portable dishes like a Winegard Pathway X2.

Order separate H3 online from a place like dish-depot. Call DISH and let them know your adding a second H3.
Dish Depot wouldn't sell me an H3 saying DISH would not allow it. When I told them that I already got authorized for two, which I did before thinking of buying, the guy called me a liar. I called Solid Signal and they couldn't have been more helpful! Even replaced the first one when I questioned how noisy it was. Had it in two days. Buy from Solid Signal.

Sent from my SM-T380 using the SatelliteGuys app!

Dish Depot wouldn't sell me an H3 saying DISH would not allow it. When I told them that I already got authorized for two, which I did before thinking of buying, the guy called me a liar. I called Solid Signal and they couldn't have been more helpful! Even replaced the first one when I questioned how noisy it was. Had it in two days. Buy from Solid Signal.

Every time a customer asks me about getting a 2nd H3, I refer them to Solid Signal. I've never even seen their site, but you guys have said enough for me to feel confident to send my customers there

Weird, I had no issue at all from Dish Depot and had the second H3 in 2 days from them.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I’m
First, you hijacked my thread. Please start a new thread next time. Anyway . . .

Have your H3 installed in your home, not your RV. Since you're adept at setting up a portable tripod, just get a DISH 1000.2 tripod with a DPH (Dish Hybrid Pro) LNBF. Check out DISH Depot (https://store.dishdepot.com).

Ah, no. No need to get another DISH receiver when a H3 is available. I've had a Hoppers in my RV since 2012, before that a VIP 722 and before that a VIP 211 (the Wally's grandfather). There are a number of RVers using H3s. None of the other DISH receivers compare to the H3 in terms of ease of use, features, ability to add additional TVs, and, yes, those 16 tuners.

If you're not comfortable (ie, "good") setting up a manual tripod or you don't want to fork over $1500 or so for a rooftop Winegard Travler, then by all means get a Wally and one of those automatic portable dishes like a Winegard Pathway X2.[/QUOTE

If you're not comfortable (ie, "good") setting up a manual tripod or you don't want to fork over $1500 or so for a rooftop Winegard Travler, then by all means get a Wally and one of those automatic portable dishes like a Winegard Pathway X2.

Im sorry about hijacking your thread. I admittedly am very challenged when it comes to navigating this forum. I’m just overwhelmed trying to figure all of this out. I appreciate your input.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)