getTV adding some 80's shows starting May 2nd

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
http://www.tvweeklynow.com/news-blo...be-greatly-enhanced-starting-monday-may-2.htm

Starting May 2nd GetTV is adding some new programs

AIRWOLF (1984 – 1987) will take to the skies at 2 PM ET with Jan-Michael Vincent as the pilot of a high-tech helicopter, search for his lost brother and embarking on deadly missions for the mysterious firm, with the help of Ernest Borgnine and a solid supporting cast.

At 3 PM ET, its RIPTIDE, a series about a trio of Vietnam War vets (Perry King, Joe Penny, and Thom Bray) who cruise around California cracking the toughest cases in this 1984 thriller

At 4 PM ET, comes HARDCASTLE AND MCCORMICK, with Brian Keith and Daniel Hugh Kelly forming an unlikely bond, as a retired judge teams up with the last man he convicted to investigate a series of cold cases.

At 5 PM ET, its THE EQUALIZER 30TH Anniversary Event. That’s right, getTV celebrates 30 years of THE EQUALIZER, with this hit crime series starring Edward Woodward as a private detective with a mysterious past, who uses his skills to deliver vigilante justice for his innocent clients. The series was the basis for the 2014 Denzel Washington thriller of the same name.

Hopefully by then Comcast will add GetTV back here in Minneapolis (when Comet launched...it took GetTV's spot on cable)

looks like most of the day will be series

http://www.tvnewscheck.com/article/94037/gettv-unveils-new-weekday-lineup

The new schedule is divided into three distinct blocks — Comedies, Westerns and Action/Crime — airing weekdays from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. ET, beginning May 2.

In a special kick-off event, GetTV will present the two-hour premiere of the 1984 series Riptide, starring Perry King, Joe Penny and Thom Bray, as part of the network’s Silver Screen Favorites block on Sunday, May 1, at 8 p.m. ET.

Highlights of the daytime programming lineup include long-lost comedies The Ghost & Mrs. Muir and Nanny and the Professor; the Old West epic The Restless Gun, which makes its GetTV debut after having rarely been seen on television since its original run; and a wall-to-wall afternoon block of rarely seen crime favorites featuring the Aaron Spelling standout S.W.A.T; Ernest Borgnine and Jan-Michael Vincent in Airwolf; Riptideand Hardcastle and Mccormick, created by award-winning crime author and TV producer Stephen J. Cannell; a special 30th anniversary year presentation of The Equalizer, which spawned the hit 2014 Denzel Washington thriller of the same name, and its upcoming 2017 sequel.

The daytime series block concludes with back-to-back episodes of the gripping police drama In the Heat of the Night, starring Carroll O’Connor, based off 1967's Oscar-winning Sidney Poitier/Rod Steiger movie of the same name.

Reactions: Tank
I have three seasons of Airwolf on dvd. Hardcastle and Mccormick I love that show to born in the 80's watching these shows with my grandpa and family.

If you havent seen it, GetTV has a new logo (bug) now

logo.png

Actually guess I haven't seen that colored one. I noticed a new logo while watching Airwolf but it was an opaque rectangle with black gettv inside it.

Sent from my iPhone

yeah I noticed that yesterday too.
The bug is from their site but more of the shape of the rectangle around it ;)

Also I guess their slogan is now "classic movies and shows"

While their all movie theme was nice for some people, the fact the repetitiveness was crazy made it not worth watching

Last edited by a moderator:
See how it works now. The opaque grey with opaque black letters is on all the time. When they come back from break the orange logo slides out over the opaque saying you're watching whatever said show is on in orange and white letters.

Sent from my iPhone

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)