Status
Not open for further replies.

kresston

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 29, 2004
Home of the HOKIES!!
Does anyone have dealings with Gevalia? I'd like to find out how quick they are to ship, and how they do their transactions. Any other information would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Kresston

We've been using them for several years. (My wife loves their cofee!) Basically you decide how often you want them to ship: once every 4 weeks, in our case. Shipping is $5.25 standard priority mail. You can expedite if you want. You can change the schedule or cancel your membership at any time. You don't have to setup an autopay you can get a paper bill...

I had tons of problems with them, but that was several years ago. They wouldnt even cancel when I told them to. I ended up having to call AmEx to dispute the charges. The shipments continued for 3 months after AmEx stopped paying them.

We used gevalia for about 5 years before they were acquired by kraft foods. Before that their coffee was almost as fresh as home roasted and their arabica beans were of high quality, but since then they are marginally better (depends on the batch lot) than the starbucks or seattles best whole bean you can find in any supermarket. Their whole bean is still superior than the off, or discounts names as far as freshnesss, but their pre-ground is nearly as bad. Their shipping, billing and customer service are top notch, its just too bad the coffee quality and freshness have deteriorated far below their original gourmet beginnings AND at $12.50/lb BEFORE shipping charges you can do MUCH better these days. If you care about real coffee, you want your gourmet coffee from a small batch roaster, not a huge batch company. If you don't have the time to do it at home for $6 - $9/lb then visit a small company like ChucksCoffee or CoffeeMaria there REALLY is a difference.

The reason I chose Gevalia was for the free coffee pot. Wasn't until after receiving it we found out that it uses odd sized coffee filters. Nevertheless we enjoy the coffee. Reason I wanted to know about shipping and such was according to the website there was a shipment sent Friday and I didn't know how it would ship and when they would take payment for it. Any other information would be appreciated.

Thanks

Kresston

They ship UPS ground and unless you setup auto pay with a credit card the paper bill will be in the packing slip of the box. They are not odd sized filters, filters come in two basic auto-drip styles each having two sizes. (not including any specialty sizes) Both can be ordered as paper, bleached or natural or they can be ordered as a permanent type. Permanents offer better flavor, but are messy cleanup, and paper costs you every time, but are disposable. The cone variaty also produces a better, truer flavor.

Basket: 4-6 cup & 8-12cup

Cone: #2 & #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts