Status
Please reply by conversation.

gpflepsen

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
SE NE
Laying awake last night thinking of projects... PID beer fridge temp controller... building some work bench in the basement...

Try a KU sidecar on the big dish!!!

I have an extra SL1 PLL LNB, and duct tape:) I took the LNB out attached to the SAT HERO SH200 and held it up next to the C- LNB while pointed at 131w trying to get 125w. It worked! I ran in and got some black tape, zip ties and some rg6 and connetors and 10 minutes later I'm programming the receiver for KU off the big dish. Signal strengths are great, I'm getting COZI and all the odd-ball NBCs off 103 plus tons of stuff that was just threshold on the 1m geosat. LPBS is rock solid unlike before. I don't know why I didn't try this when I first put the dish up. I have about 6 degree offset at the sides of the arc and about 4 degrees looking south. I have an extra scalar which will get the side faceted for a proper mounting surface.

This is some of my best work right here... :D

2013-01-09 17.32.08.jpg

2013-01-09 17.31.23.jpg

2013-01-09 17.31.36.jpg

Even though your Ku LNBF sees only the middle of the dish, you could hardly choose a better dish!
And of all the LNBFs to play with, you picked a fine one! ;)

He he,,, it sees enough to way out-perform the 1m dish. Sweet.

I couldn't believe it, just held the LNB up and she had signal. It was really amazing to see how easy and responsive the SH200 was. I used to align dishes with the receiver, then tried one of those $10 el cheapos which didn't work for crap. One of the best $125 I've spent to save aggravation when I started the FTA phase of my destruction. :)

When I was tweaking-in my Perfect Ten 10 foot dish, I temp replaced the orthomode c-band feed with the SatAv pll lnb fattened up with electrical tape and stuffed in the c-band scaler ring, and tweaked it on the KU side first. Even though I do NOT use this dish for ku at present.

Theory being, IF it was tweaked on the smaller tighter-beam ku signals as perfect as I could get it, c-band should be dead on the money. It seems to have worked.

Status
Please reply by conversation.