Ghost Hunters in HD???

bababoey

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 8, 2008
is ghost hunters broadcast in hd on sci fi , i cant find anything that tells me ....

90% of all SciFi HD is 4x3 with black bars on the side. Even Odesey5, which I know was originally in HD was 4x3. Why?

I don't think they'd want it in HD. It might display their "images" too clearly and take away any question of what things are....

Yeah, I'd love for everything in HD, but I don't see this ever going HD.

Hopefully it will go on for a few more years as I love it.

Maybe they could pull an ol' Fox and at least start doing widescreen sd.

I'd love to see "Ghost Hunters'" infra-red DV cam footage of a guys chin and nostril hairs in HD...that'd be sweet ;)!

Seriously, no offense, but though my wife is a fan, I just don't see the point of that show...the guys are characters and I'm sure they're earnest, but its totally pointless and often blatantly manipulative (anyone see the 'ghostly figure' running down that hall a few eps back? uh, yeah, it was a guy in dark clothes and a little comp/cropping--obvious fake/trickery). If you're into that sort of thing, UFO Hunters is much more palatable, imho (better production values and sometimes you actually see/hear something credible). Oh well, different strokes.

Yeah, when they have to tell viewers what they're seeing, i.e. putting the image in their head/eyes, it's sorta make-believe to me....

You should have watched it on HDNET Movies last weekend.

Edit: Oops, I was thinking Ghostbusters. :(

Last edited:
speaking of which, for those movies/stuff in general that are broadcast on an HD Channel in 4:3, with black bars....how will that appear on my 4:3 television?

I have a 36" CRT HDTV, which is 4:3 aspect ratio.....obviously HD content will be with bars on the top and bottom, but what about 4:3; I'd assume it'd hope that it would fill the whole screen (as opposed to having bars all the way around it).

You will have bars on all (4) sides, I believe. You can tell Dish HD receivers what format your TV is, but I don't think it "helps". 4:3 HDTVs are bad....

You will have bars on all (4) sides, I believe. You can tell Dish HD receivers what format your TV is, but I don't think it "helps". 4:3 HDTVs are bad....

Actually, I love my 4:3 HDTV. All I have to do is change the HD setup to 480i or 480p and I can get the 4:3 shows to fill the whole screen. It's pretty quick and it saves having to stretch the heck out of the picture. It's one of those "to each its own," type of things, for my wife she can't stand watching regular programming stretched out on our friend's widescreen TV.

I'd love to see "Ghost Hunters'" infra-red DV cam footage of a guys chin and nostril hairs in HD...that'd be sweet ;)!

Seriously, no offense, but though my wife is a fan, I just don't see the point of that show...the guys are characters and I'm sure they're earnest, but its totally pointless and often blatantly manipulative (anyone see the 'ghostly figure' running down that hall a few eps back? uh, yeah, it was a guy in dark clothes and a little comp/cropping--obvious fake/trickery). If you're into that sort of thing, UFO Hunters is much more palatable, imho (better production values and sometimes you actually see/hear something credible). Oh well, different strokes.

I'm unsure if you ever saw an episode but the reason I don't believe its fake is the fact that they go out to DISPROVE the findings of the homeowners, not prove them. Many times they do disprove what the homeowners are stating are happening. They just debunk things that you wouldn't believe. However, they have taped legit things happening as well. You may believe a little bit more if you had an experience yourself. Watch a couple of episodes, you'll see what I mean. If you lucky they will get some crazy EVP's...just my $.02

I'm with you. If you want to see fake, watch that show on the other channel, Most Haunted or Evil or something like that, where there's a guy who gets possessed in every place they visit. Ghost Hunters find nothing in 3/4 of the places they visit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)