Gi 2710r / 2410r

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

colbec

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 5, 2007
Eastern Ontario, Canada
I have acquired a GI 2710R. There is no manual, but the owner swears up and down that there is only the one box to control the dish, polarization and positioning.

From the satelliteguys manual section I downloaded the 2410R manual and looked it over. I was just wondering in what respects the two models differ? It looks as though the 24V supply for the actuator arm is built into the 2710 box, where the 2410 needs a companion power supply that the 2410 controls. Is this correct?

In what other respects are the two models distinct?

the two were probabably built in the same time frame
GI usually had a low end a mid line and a high end
so in this case a
GI 2400, GI 2410 (low end)
GI 2500, GI 2510, GI 2530 (mid line)
GI 2700, GI 2710, GI 2730 (high end) usually had all the bells & whistles

the basic information from the 2400-2410 should work with the 2700 series
the menu system might be a more indepth with the 2700 series.

the 2400 - 2410 series requires a 2000 Power Supply & Cable the 2500 series & 2700 series might not require this power supply (its probably built in and will have motor connections on the back of the unit.

should be a good dish mover :)
there are even a few older units 2640 these i think are the units before the 2700 series
i can't remember them all lol

Last edited:
Thankyou gabshere not only for your upload of the manuals but also the prompt and informative reply. There are indeed a couple of 24V terminals on the back of the 2710. I guess after reading the 2410 manual I could not believe my luck!

Colin

Hi where are the 2710r manuals or could you just email me tham as an attchment this is my first post so i could not be more of a newbie -thanks in advance

I know this thread is quite old but I'll ask...

Is anyone still looking for a GI 2710R User's Guide?
Is there anything that can be picked up with one of these receivers? or is this equipment way past it's usefulness?

Unfortunately, satellitehelp website has been, i want to say HACKED. no more access to instructions for programming these old analog units. Is there any use for them? YES, they can be programmed to move the dish (BUD) and operate the polarity servo on a corotor feed. There are also a few, very few, analog feeds that can be picked up with them.
BTW, :welcome to SatelliteGuys
If you have the manual for the GI, and it's not in the manuals section here, I am sure a pdf of it would be much appreciated.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)