GI DSR-922 w/ BSC621

Status
Please reply by conversation.

spike1202

Original poster
Jul 5, 2009
Virginia
I've read some of the old postings on this subject and was hoping for a bit of clarification. I've got a 922 (w/ HDD-201) with a BSC621 LNBF on a 6'3" Winegard mesh BUD. 150' for ribbon cable with twin RG-6 coax. 621 end Ku connection to 922 Ku connection. Got it. My question is should the C band connection on the 922 run to the "LNB" connection on the 621 or the "RCV" connection?
Thanks in advance ya'll!

I should add that the 5 element actuator line is connected to the actuator but the 3 line servo motor line is not used -correct?

The LNB connection is for the jumper for the ku side, RCV is for the receiver. With the 922 connect it directly to the rcv side for c band.
I wouldn't put too much time into the BSC, tried it with my 6' fortec and was disappointed not that it is a bad unit but it doesn't have enough for the little dishes. Went to a feedhorn and Norsat lnb's and got much more quality and even get 100-150 on G1 where I had nothing out of the 621.

Thanks Sir! You have a solid dish, will the size holes in my Winegard be an issue with Ku reception? I've heard it mentioned but never with a specific hole "size" mentioned. Or is this a BSC621 issue?

The LNB connection is for the jumper for the ku side, RCV is for the receiver. With the 922 connect it directly to the rcv side for c band.
I wouldn't put too much time into the BSC, tried it with my 6' fortec and was disappointed not that it is a bad unit but it doesn't have enough for the little dishes. Went to a feedhorn and Norsat lnb's and got much more quality and even get 100-150 on G1 where I had nothing out of the 621.

Can't beat the old fashion feedhorn LNB combo with a polorotor. The fine adjusting of polarity between birds with the servo helps allot with smaller dishes susceptible to crosspolar from adjacent birds.

I don't believe the small holes will be a problem, I think the rule of thumb is if a #2 pencil can't fit through it it should not affect it.
The BSC621 is not the issue, it just doesn't have the ratings a feedhorn with a good LNB does. The six foot is lust big enough for c band so you have to take advantage of anything you can to get consistant good reception. As I said I gained 10+ quality points when I pulled the BSC and went to a corotoor II and the Norsat lnb's. I am getting 98% of what is there.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts