Gibbons and Lily Go at it... Should Gibbons be fired?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Didn't Gibbons have problems with Hillenbrand as well? Isn't the job of the manager to keep his cool with the players and maintain a good atmosphere?

Now that is evident that Toronto is going nowhere after spending millions of dollars during the off-season should the blame be on Gibbons for not keeping his squad together?

pdxsam said:
and trade Roy Halladay to the Mets! :-D
No the Tigers would be a better place for Halliday :)

And YES he should be fired, seeing he has had 2 run ins with players .
If these things were done behind closed doors it would be different, probably would not end up the way it did either.

Jimbo

Last edited:
Fire him? I'd give a raise to the first guy to kick the crap out of that Lilly jackass. How 'bout HE acts like a professional (or even just a grownup) and leaves the game like a man instead of whining and acting like he's gonna cry and giving crap to the manager. I'd release him. Then have him killed.

Admittedly I know next to nothing about this Gibbons guy, but I think it's inexcusable for a pitcher to behave how Lilly did when a manager decides replace him. Sure, try to talk him out of it if you disagree... but once the decision is made, it's made. Don't be a baby. Every time they show his pouty, whiney face I wanna smack the snot out of it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)