give up

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

queeny

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 8, 2009
south carolina
can anyone tell me one good sat to hit that has maybe some local tv channels .maybe some movies i give up on makeing my dish move (it on roof)I have a 36inch dish .A lnb that has l
and c connect(don,t know how to hook both up do have dishc port thing can move motor (hh motor) manually on motor itself can,t make move threw receiver I am know hitting amc4 l side live in centrel south carolina any help would be nice thanks for your time dumb old fart at this haha

can anyone tell me one good sat to hit that has maybe some local tv channels .maybe some movies i give up on makeing my dish move (it on roof)I have a 36inch dish .A lnb that has l
and c connect(don,t know how to hook both up do have dishc port thing can move motor (hh motor) manually on motor itself can,t make move threw receiver I am know hitting amc4 l side live in centrel south carolina any help would be nice thanks for your time dumb old fart at this haha

Queeny,

Try reading this first...

http://www.satelliteguys.us/fta-mpeg2-faqs/190527-how-set-up-motorized-ku-band-dish.html

I wrote it and compiled it - put it all together in one thing-a-ma-jig, but all the information contained within came from others who taught me along the way. Check this out first and see if it propels you. I feel that I did a fair job on it, but only a true newbie can evaluate that. Please read it over a few times and try to apply it.

Then return and ask questions. Oh, and don't forget that there are MANY helpful posts all over this forum, don't neglect to read them all! I assure you that you will become very well knowledgeable in the end!

The other thing you need is "The List"!

http://www.satelliteguys.us/thelist/

RADAR

Things may be frustrating at first, persevere. Read everything you can. When you make adjustments, make small ones. Consider putting your dish on a post in the ground, way easier and safer to fuss with there.

I gave up lots of times. I quit then go back. Nothing is better than receiving your first signal. :)

Number one thing I learned is the pole... MUST be perfectly level all in directions. :)

quit

I haven,t give up on fta just want to know if anyone in central south carolina has a hint what sat to try to hit. That my have some shows on, in l or c on lnb i can,t seem to get both to work together or get my dish to move i am useing a viewsat ultra if anyone can give a hint 36in dish hh motor lnb is l one side c other I,m just to dumb to make work i guess haha:cool:

Just leave the cable on the L-port if you have one of those circular/linear lnbfs....unless you want to watch dishnetwork promo channels. Once you get the tracking, you will find some tv.

I haven,t give up on fta just want to know if anyone in central south carolina has a hint what sat to try to hit. That my have some shows on, in l or c on lnb i can,t seem to get both to work together or get my dish to move i am useing a viewsat ultra if anyone can give a hint 36in dish hh motor lnb is l one side c other I,m just to dumb to make work i guess haha:cool:

Queeny,

Try using your dish as a fixed point dish for a single satellite first (one sat at a time), rather than with the motor attached. Get accustomed to dialing in the various satellites and scanning them this way first. Connect your cable directly from your receiver to the L (linear) port of the LNBF and search for the Linear satellites only.

Doing this with the specific dish and LNBF and receiver that you have will provide you with a lot of useful information. Information such as how strong the signal can be at its best with your best alignment of the dish (barring any poor weather conditions that may exist) and which sats and TPs are strongest for your location.

Record as much data from this as you can, then install your motor and align it to reproduce this by aligning the motor and dish the best you are able to track the entire arc.

In your location, I believe that you will have many sats to dabble with. After researching many of the footprints of all the Ku and C band satellites available to North America and in most particular, to the continental US, the southeast seems to have a really admirable reception zone. Meaning that many of the satellites have a stronger signal and quality level (or EIRP) in this area and therefore a smaller dish can be used for many of them. So, basically, you have somewhat of an advantage over other areas.

EIRP is the Effective Isotropic Radiated Power, and the better this EIRP value is, the better your signal reception should be.

Review "The List" here and pick out a satellite to test. Whatever your location's longitude is, pick some satellites which have orbital positions near to that degree.

RADAR

Last edited:

First thing is post some pictures of your dish setup.

There are folks here that will get you set up correctly if you follow there instructions exactly.

A dish/motor setup is the hardest way to start out but you can do it.

Mast must be plumb and level, motor bracket has scale on left side and you must put in the correct lat.

you must put in the correct declination.

A dish/motor setup is the hardest way to start out but you can do it.

Mast must be plumb and level, motor bracket has scale on left side and you must put in the correct lat.

Queeny,

You really need to follow this advice from our friend and RTV fan 1ADAM12! Take heed of this information and especially ADAM12's recommendation to set the mast perfectly plumb. With a motorized setup, a non-plumb mast will kill you for sure. For a single, fixed point dish, you can fudge this if you understand what you are doing, but I don't recommend it here either.

RADAR

setup

I have all the above done pull perfect level all ways i can get sats no problem I on amc4 right know my problem is I can get dish set up to move threw receiver I can do manully on motor itself so I know I have power to it it has usal in receiver comes up saying it moveing but does not so somehow I am not programing in receiver correctly is a viewsat ultra if anyone can help me love playing with it but my dish is on roofhaha gettin to old to climb up there to move dish haha old fart here ya know:0)

dish net transfer

:)greg 22 I have a 322 dish net system, reciever and lnb. Is there a way to buy subscription and get activation, without somebody coming to my address in the states. Going to my home in baja to install on my fta dish.

:)greg 22 I have a 322 dish net system, reciever and lnb. Is there a way to buy subscription and get activation, without somebody coming to my address in the states. Going to my home in baja to install on my fta dish.

greg22, not sure exactly what you are asking, but your question might be better in the Dish Network forum, here:

The Dish Network Forum - SatelliteGuys.US

:)

If you are using USALS in the antenna settings section(select the satellite), did you input your latitude and longitude for your location so the motor knows where to turn to?
If you put a disque switch on your cable to your receiver, you will have to choose which "port" it is on, if no switch then you are ok.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)