Status
Please reply by conversation.

WSInternational

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 24, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
We are giving away a brand new DMX241 C band LNBF for your Prime Focus 6 foot, 8 foot, or larger BUD, or your C on Ku band dish project and a WS International WS4120HD 4X1 Switch with plastic casing

The DMX241 C band LNBF comes with a standard scalar ring and is compatible with prime focus antennas with 3 or 4 support arms.

DMX241-1%20copy.gif

It also comes with a dielectric plate for circular reception:

scalar%20ring%20and%20dielectric%20plate.gif

ws4120hd-1%20copy.gif

Input Frequency: 3.4-4.2GHz
Output Frequency: 950-1750MHz
Noise Figure: 13K
Gain: 70dB
Polarity: 2 (Hor/Ver)

What To Do:

Now, to win this all you have to do is write a couple of sentences telling us about how you came to find out about FTA as a hobby. Feel free to share any interesting story that got you started in the hobby.

We will pick a post at random on July 1st and will send the lucky winner a DMX241 C band LNBF FREE.

*Contest ends 6/30/2009 at 11:59PM EST.
*Free Shipping Within The Continental USA Only.
*Must Be At Least 18 Yrs Of Age To Participate

GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY:up​

Last edited by a moderator:
Got into the FTA hobby by finding out by my father who ran into it on the internet one day! We both got into Sky angel at the same time and my father thought that those KU dishes with motors were something else! He loved the fact that a motor on one would get more satellites up there!

He never got to see a system for himself for he passed away in 2006 with cancer. I got my system when he was in the hospital for the last time and took in some pictures of my installation and he thought it was something else. I have been into the hobby since. Never would know about FTA if not for him three years ago telling me about it.

Thanks for the contest Robby! Great that WSI is a new gold sponsor of The Satellite Guys!

K E V I N
ftabman0_avitar-cordoba.gif

I have wondered about FTA for years, especially seeing the receivers in the Skyvision catalogs. Over three years ago I have a opporunity to have a system when a C Band installer told me about one of his customers have a FTA receiver for sell, along with a DSR-920 4DTV receiver and the feedhorn that contains C and Ku lnbs. Paid $400 for them all and haven't look back since!!!

Radio and TV have always been my hobby. If it is out there, I want to get it. I was DXing analog VHF TV at the age of 12. I started scanning KU satellites back in 1990. About all there was ,were a few analog news feeds and NBC affiliate feeds.

Now that I have ordered my 'Devo' Conical Scalar Ring thingy, I can whip G16-whip it good-if I win the LNB!!!!

Last edited:
Got really interested in FTA about a year ago while researching how to get free (not pirate) TV into several orphanages here in Baja Mexico. Got LOADS of newbie type help from the FTA forum guys (and gals?) with my first experiments using an old DW dish, which gave me the know how and confidence to start modifying old Int'l and SKY dishes to install for the kids.

To date - have 3 orphanages up and running with 2 more in the pipeline (LOVE the cheap equip now available due to NAG3) - and have also interested an 11 year old "junior" sat dude in training - who is making excellent progress!

I'm old retired military and split my time between Baja and San Diego - the hobby has been an excellent platform to allow me to give a little something back in my retirement while still giving me great stuff to legally watch at my "other" home.

(But I'd REALLY like to play with C-Band!)

Free to Air

I got into FTA after finding out my favorite short wave talk radio programs were crystal clear on satellite thus started my fta world. My first shows I listened to were on c band, I just happened to have a 7.5 bud in the yard so I started using it for fta then my talk radio programs went to digital ku and so did I.

I got into Fta last fall. I used to help a cousin put in Cband dishes years ago. I've loved electronics and stuff since I was a kid...long ago. The hobby or sometimes nightmare of FTA, is one of the few places I can say "honey it's only gonna take a half hour and cost $100" It ends up taking days and costing three times that much.
Reminds me of dumping tons of money in old cars years ago to keep them running. FTA the wife says its my new obsession!:)Thanks! Blind

I saw FTA equipment advertised in SKYVISION catalog a few years ago and started to research the possibilities. My first step was to purchase the Pansat 3500SD and connect to my BUD to see what I could receive. It worked well with my 4DTV system and added good viewing options. Now, I have added dishes and plan to go HD later this summer.

We only get a couple of OTA channels without a tower. Several years ago I bought out the remnants of a small town cable system including the BUD and went on the net to find a use for it. Found satelliteguysus and been building my array since. One day will catch up with Linuxman!

20 plus years ago I put up my first 12' system, bought because I was in the desert, only got two stations OTA, one from Bakersfield, and one from Los Angeles. My dad loved going to swap meets and he found me a used C/Ku Drake, so I added a Ku LNB. The first Ku channel I watched was an NBC feed from China, Tienaman Square, I sat transfixed for several days. THAT was twenty years ago exactly yesterday, June 4th, 1989. I have had at least one dish up every since, no matter where I moved, and today I have three stationary Ku dishes (97, 123, and 129) and one fixed C band ( Galaxy 16 at 99).

I think I have just as much fun reading Satguys forums as I do moving dishes, searching for more to watch and watching TV than any Human should be allowed to have.

Thank you for the wonderful contests. Someone will really enjoy this LNBF, and if it's me, I already HAVE a second 10' dish all ready to be moved and installed.

And I have the room for it too.

Photto

(PS: Just re-read the bottom of the contest rules ... June 31 is the end of this givaway? Funny, on MY callandar, June only has 30 days. If it were JULY 31, then you can stop now (smile) cuz THAT'S my birthday ... big smile ... hint, hint, hint)

Last edited:
Believe it or not, a blind man got me into the hobby. As a young(er) man, I was helping out a fellow ham radio op (blind guy) out with setting up an antenna, and he showed me a lot of the stuff he could get radio wise on his c-band dish. The conversation went from radio to fta and it goes on from there. This was over 10 years ago, and it has caught on with me like crazy!

After taking a 4 year course in Satellite Communications I purchased a 10.5' Luxor C band dish back in the early 80's. Afterwards I got a 8' KU band dish. Then I moved away from home and got married. Around 2000 I became intersted in satellite once again and looked to see if receivers, LNB's and such were still available and discovered FTA satellite. I then found Satellite Guys and have been hooked ever since and now have about 5 dishes currently in operation with a few spares in the garage. I enjoy the programming and discovering new feeds and sporting events.

I kept reading about these free to air digital channels and seeing receivers in mail order catalogs. I did some internet searching one day when I needed a new LNB and ended up with a Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra receiver to go along with it. That was 5 years ago. Thanks to this site, it's become a great hobby in addition to a way to just watch TV. It's great to be able to help others here as well with what I've learned.

I am cheap and didn't want to have a subscription to a satellite provider. So when I bought my house, it came with a 60e, wired into the living room. I aimed the dish strait down my roofline to 97W and powered up my twinhan to see what I would get.
I was so impressed that i went out and bought a used CS5000, and SG2100. I then got a 30" dish given to me and that is where we are today.

I Installed my dish in 1987, a Radio Shack special for $999. At that time FTA was c-band analogue. The same dish has had about half a dozen receivers hooked up to it, the original Radio Shack(Uniden), a Houston Tracker, a couple of others and now the DRS922. Over the years I upgraded to a Corotor II and added Ku and progressively colder LNB's, inside I added a VCII stand alone box then went to the IRDs. My first FTA digital receiver was a Coolsat 6000 which lasted about a month. Now I have the Fortec Star and am quite happy with it. I'm currently working on putting up a second BUD with a home made mount that can be moved to different spots in the yard.

I don't have any C-band equipment. I bought myself a .85M Ku dish and motor setup for Fathers Day last year and enjoy it immensely. I am always curious what channels are available. I feel I am more connected worldly than if I am only watching subscribed and OTA TV programming. Receiving a C-Band would be appreciated greatly

I've had my C-band dish for over 15 years now. It used to hunt analog news feeds and I had a VCII subscription with it for years, too. Just in the last couple of years I've added a second "BUD" and several Primestar Ku dishes for all the digital goodies up there now. I've gone from one dish and one receiver to 7 dishes and...1, 2, 3,...:eek: ...uh a LOT of receivers! :D

I first discovered satellite TV back in the late 1980s, on one of my visits to a local television station master control room. I rediscovered it in 2005, when a friend told me to google the terms 'FTA' and Pansat. I learned that there was much piracy of signals, but I also learned that there were plenty of in-the-clear channels up there that were free for the taking. I decided to pursue True FTA, and since then I've been rewarded with more channels than I could possibly watch. Thanks, WSI, for your support of the hobby!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts