Globecast dish pointing

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

ismarhadzia

Original poster
Aug 28, 2006
I purchased 33" round dish and
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...40018719996&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT&rd=1
and INVACOM SNH-031 Universal Ku band LNBF 0.3db
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...60021557567&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT&rd=1

I adjusted the elevation and azimuth and skew of the LNB and this is what I get;
I am able to connect to T5 and I am getting 35-40 signal quality on some transponders and on some >50.
Sometimes the channels are working fine sometimes there is interference.
I know that the signal is weak but do I need bigger dish size for globecast receiver?
INVACOM SNH-031 woks on LO: 9750/10600 and original Globecast LNB works on 10750.
In globecast antenna setup I use Universal type and original globecast LNB needs normal 10750 setup. I tried using Normal with 9750, 10000 and 10750 and I am getting different transponders on each frequency with 35-40 quality.

My neighbor have different dish but similar size, also round but with smaller LNB holder rod and he has pansat LNB that works on LO 10750 and pointed to T5. When I connect it to my globecast receiver I get 45+ signal strength with good picture quality and no picture loss.

Would I get any improvement if I would extend or shorten the hand for the LNBF for few inches, or is this pre-calculated size for this dish? Reason I am asking is because my neighbors dish is about the same size but position of his LNBF is much closer to the dish then mine.
Are there any calculations to tell me what is the exact distance that LNBF has to be from the dish.

I would suggest running a temp. cable from the receiver directly to the LNB and see if there is any increase in signal quality. I would then think about swapping the LNB to make sure the problem is not there!

From behind the dish try pulling on each side of the dish at the same time while watching the signal meter as its not uncommon for dish to be warped in storage or transportation!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)