Globecast dish question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kemefk

Original poster
Jul 27, 2007
Hi everybody. I used to have a subscription to Globecast's programming but we cancelled it and now I am left with the dish and the receiver. I want to use the dish (0.75m elliptical dish) and possibly the globecast receiver to get programming from Intelsat 9 (formally known as PAS-9). From reading some of the threads on this website, I determined that I would need a Universal LNBF to receive the signal. My question is that if I purchase a universal LNBF, would it work with my globecast satellite dish? If anybody has tried this, can you please tell me your experience with this? Thank you.:)

The dish size should not be a problem, I have picked up Pas9 with a 80 cm dish, thats only 5 cm larger than yours.

Two problems I see are the globecast receiver (I do not think it can pick up other FTA) and the only FTA channels on Pas9 are occasional feeds and Cubavision, if thats what your trying to receive then your good to go.

Well, I had doubts regarding the receiver and so I am planning to purchase a FTA receiver. I was not really concerned so much about the dish size but more concerned about the universal LNBF. Because I am using a Globecast dish and not a regular FTA dish, will the universal LNBF still work with my dish?

I tested my Globecast receiver with G10 amd AMC3, and it works with other satellites apart of T5. You will need to enter frequencies (Tp's) manually, and it will keep them forever.
Also there is an option for universal LNB in Globecast receiver "Antenna Setup". My receiver model is SE830, I don't know about previous models.
It does not matter, Universal or Standard, it's all about LNB's neck width: "The included LNBF holder allows you to install a 25mm LNBF." Most LNBf's have a 40mm width neck, but if you take a plastic cover off, you will find 25mm in most cases

I don't think the universal LNB will work. 1. I don't think it will fit.
2 even if it does it might change the focal point, and won't work.
I haven't worked on a globecast in a while, but if memory serves that bird is in the menu.

You could point it at Intelsat 9, and see if you can load any channels. Trial and error, you can't hurt trying that :)

The dish will work fine but you would need a Universal LNB as noted. No need to move the focal point. All you would have to do is crack the casing off the LNB to fit in the groove where the LNB would normally go :)

with the illumination of the dish the feedhorn thats on it now would be best and mate it up with something like a invacom that will mount up to it. i think its the F series like SNF .... you could add another lnbf to it but might not obtain peak preformance due to adjustment and the above mentioned reasons. ( just a thought not trying to scare ya off) even though you won't get the best signals it should still be watchable ( i usually try to gain every drop of signal out of it) :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)