Please reply by conversation.

wallyhts

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 24, 2008
This could be bad news. Trying to get more info. WorldTV is moving to a IPTV platform.

Last edited:
Extremely bad news. The majority of variety/international programming on 97W is Globecast. Ebru TV would also disappear.

I see that they don't say anything about free channels on their new service.

Fail!

Did GlobeCast make a public announcement about this yet? I don't see anything on their website. :confused:

It's bad news if this is true as at least half of the channels on Galaxy 19 are from GlobeCast!

This stinks if this is true I like to watch RT for some news but if that goes only thing left would be 5 channels left for me to watch. Might have to move to a different satellite.

Dan Rose

Crap….

This totally blows…..

Both my dad and I like to watch RT for the documentaries (the ones where James Brown explores Russia).. Their news sucks though. So totally biased that it’s unbearable to watch.
I just discovered EBRU which seems to be a BBC America clone. I just turned my dad onto the channel last week.

Now this. Just ****ing lovely…. :mad:

There won’t be anything left on 97 that I have any interest in. Except DMC. I watch the Buddhist stuff on there when they do English subtitles.
Or my dad. Nothing left for him at all. He only speaks English and doesn’t do religion so that’s the end of 97 for him.
The only thing on FTA for my dad now will be PBS and RTV..

Flippin idiots with this IP crap.. Losing ThisTV in a few weeks is gonna hurt me big times. That’s a primary channel for me.
FTA keeps shrinking down to nothing, for me.

It’s this BS that made me subscribe to Dish. :mad:

Question: Will people still be able to watch EBRU on the Roku box after this? Will it be free on Roku or is there a charge?
I’m looking at getting two of the Roku boxes, one for me and one for my dad.
I have Amazon Prime and my dad has asked me about Netflix (I don’t have and am not impressed with their offerings).
I’m going to suggest Amazon Prime for my dad because it’s only ~ $85 a year which is ~ $7 a month broken down. Not bad.
I guess the whole flippin world is going to this stupid IPTV mess. No avoiding it, might as well go ahead and get on board with it I suppose.
I’m using Amazon Prime to introduce myself to Doctor Who, at the urgent urging of several friends. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Guys/Gals I'm not sure if all the channels are leaving. I'm going to hunt down the folks with the answers Friday or at least tried. Just wanted everyone to be award changes are coming but not sure all the details.

That's a shame, we will loose lot's of good channels manly for oversea news channels!!:mad:

I am sick of so called IP broadband crap, thanks to video being freez up from time to time.....

Look like I will have to TV DX harder.:(

You guys, just stop it! This isn't Y2K, and it's not the end. I watch FTA non-stop, and I haven't even watched 97w in 8 months. There's PLENTY of stuff out there to watch.

sky_not_falling_cover_page.jpg

EVERY single time a single poster posts that a channel is leaving, or might be leaving, and everybody has a conniption fit. The truth is, there is MORE stuff to watch, and we have easier access to stuff in all sorts of ways than ever before in history. I grew up with 3 channels, and it worked fine for 20+ years of my life.

I live in apartment so i don't have access to most of c band so 97w is one that i leave my dish parked on all the time. Here this is for the chicken little statement.

Dan Rose

IMG_6720.JPG

Question: Will people still be able to watch EBRU on the Roku box after this? Will it be free on Roku or is there a charge?

it seems like a charge. Wasn't there another post in this thread that said nothing will be free on the IPTV platform?

I wouldn't worry about Ebru TV yet - if they want to serve North America FTA they will find a way to be seen, whether that is lease 2-3 MHz of transponder space and uplink their signal or hopefully one of the other three platform providers on Galaxy 19 right now will see there is enough interest to lease more transponders or shift around services in their existing muxes to carry some of those soon-to-be former-Globecast programmers.

At least on the mobile site, they list all the packages, which are channels I've never heard of, and none are English-language. I would assume it's a parallel service to go along with what they offer now.

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts