Glorystar dual LNB setup

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bonscott87

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 27, 2004
Anyone have the Glorystar dual LNB setup?

Here is a link to the package: http://www.glorystar.tv/shop/item/GLY-D
Looks to be run by Satellite AV.

Seems like a pretty good deal.
Mercury II and 90cm dual LNB dish and all the goodies for $199.

My main question is how well does the dual LNB perform? It seems to be a special dual setup to allow more focus on both LNBs. Good signals on both sats is my hope. I would guess so since this system gets sold to non-techie people like little old ladies wanting their religious programming.

Yes I know I could get a motor and single LNB :D but for now this is just for my wife and her want for the church and Adventist channels. If I get into the FTA thing more myself I can always get a signle LNB holder and motor and use the same dish it seems.

Anyway, any experience out there with this system?

Thanks!

I actually have one of these kits and will be testing it soon. I was going to work on it yesterday but it was very windy out and I really didn’t want to climb on my roof to try it :D

I’ll try it in the next day or so and see what kind of results I get

I actually have one of these kits and will be testing it soon. I was going to work on it yesterday but it was very windy out and I really didn’t want to climb on my roof to try it :D

I’ll try it in the next day or so and see what kind of results I get

Excellent! I won't be getting it until April most likely, need the ground to thaw enough so I can bury a cable. One thing I find interesting in the package is it seems that the Mercury II is pre-programmed for all the religious stations. That would be a nice place to start, then scan away for anything else on those 2 birds. ;)

I think you are going to be seeing a lot of Glorystar support here soon. :)

Good news. Assuming I get the Glorystar setup I'll try to document as much as I can with pictures and so forth of my install from a "typical end user" perspective (although I've installed my own DirecTV stuff for a decade so I'm not totally a novice to satellite).

I do think Satguys has about the most FTA information of any site I've seen.

I vaguely recall someone installing one of those a few months back.
Maybe prior to Xmas...?
He had a little trouble with the dual LNB and was asking questions.
He might have had his LNB cables swapped or something trivial.
Scroll back (or search) a few months and see if you locate the thread.
If you've had some previous experience, I doubt you'd have much trouble with the dish/LNB.
The receivers do take a bit of a learning curve as you catch on to the concepts and lingo.

Here are a few photos of the 4 degree rotating skew dual LNBF clamp with two Bullet LNBFs.

Attachments

• 4degBracket90cm.jpg
    4degBracket90cm.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 187
  • 4degBracket.lores.jpg
    4degBracket.lores.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 204
I have one setup as a demo on a Fortec Classic NA. Works great at my 45° latitude. Use this satellite finder: http://www.geosatfinder.com - It is all set up for the dual LNB setup.
Bob

So it looks like you actually aim the primary LNB (to the left) at 99 (instead of 97 where the sat is) and then the second LNB (to the right) takes care of itself or set it up as 101 Adventist Sat settings?

both LNB's are off by 2 degrees so you actually aim at 99 and both LNB's will work. You just need to skew the holder first

Hey Iceberg, get a chance to check this system out yet?

Ground is thawed and tax refund should arrive any day now so I'll be ordering it up soon. My wife is bugging me why I haven't gotten it yet. Gotta love her. :D

quick install - dual LNB

Nice review (no point wasting space in the review thread)

+10 points for creative use of bumper, too! ;)

Iceberg's experienced enough to make all these installs look easy, but they really are.
Dual LNB, fixed-dish FTA isn't much more hassle than a DP-500 (well , just a little)

Nice camera-work, too.
Everyone should include such pix when they succeed (or are having trouble).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts