Go Mavs!!

Neutron

Founding Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 7, 2003
Texas
They toppled LeBron James and the Cavaliers to get their 14th straight win.

Too bad that the Cavs are such a lousy free throw shooting team. Lebron missed 2 at the end and the Cavs lost by 3. Didn't watch the whole game, but I'm sure there were many more missed opportunities. Where oh where are you Mark Price??!!

Yep they could have beaten them but they didn't. Maybe they meet again in the Finals.

Let's hope the Mav's can keep up the pressure through to the end and take home the championship. I am really happy about how they obviously made the changes they needed to make in order to come back so much stronger and committed this year after last year's championship series debacle. I'm rooting for them all the way.

Make it Sweet 16 in a row!!

They also made professional sports history by winning 51 of their last 56 games, something that has never been done in pro sports before.

Now if Bob Haller (Mr. Doom & Gloom) was in this thread, he'd be saying something like this: "Yeah it's good now, but the whole team will probably die in a plane crash flying to their next game" :rolleyes:

Make it Sweet 16 in a row!!

They also made professional sports history by winning 51 of their last 56 games, something that has never been done in pro sports before.

I have a feeling Detroit will dominate the East.

Pistons will not dominate, as shown by the cavs the other night, while they do SUCK at free throws, I have a feeling they will come together just fine in time for the postseason! at least I hope I am right and your wrong, if not it will be another long year in cleveland as I dont see the indians doing much this year!:(

We are a go for 17th in a row. I really like this Mavs team!

Nope, no 17th in a row. Don't run against the Warriors, they will outrun you. The only team that can outrun them is Phoenix. The best game the Warriors played this season. I know they've been at the bottom almost every year but they're showing signs of improvement.

Nope, no 17th in a row. Don't run against the Warriors, they will outrun you. The only team that can outrun them is Phoenix. The best game the Warriors played this season. I know they've been at the bottom almost every year but they're showing signs of improvement.

They did win 17, just not 18 in a row.

WELL....THERE was you road block to the Finals....a healthy Suns is a problem for ALL teams in the West and ALL teams in the NBA. Nobody...and I do me NOBODY...in the NBA can 'run-n-gun' with the Suns.

WELL....THERE was you road block to the Finals....a healthy Suns is a problem for ALL teams in the West and ALL teams in the NBA. Nobody...and I do me NOBODY...in the NBA can 'run-n-gun' with the Suns.

Oh yeah, nobody can run with those guys. I'd like to see them against an East Conference team like Miami or Detroit and see how they handle the half court offense.

It was a tough game for sure!! The Mavs took them to 2OT before the Suns prevailed. I have to give the Suns credit for playing a good game....

The only problem with the Suns is when the playoffs begin because of the increased intensity, increased fouls, and grind of the long season, the tempo of teams does slow down. As much as I would love to see Phoenix win it all I just don't think it will happen. The one hope that I do have is that the league has gone through some fundamental changes in its philosophy and rules changes where it could just happen. The other hope is that since Phoenix has played its best defense I have seen from them, they could be up for the challenge. If they make the finals, they may have some problems against Detroit, but if Miami makes it, I think Phoenix would destroy them because Miami never has matched up to them well. Phoenix is the best at running overgrown centers out of the game (Shaq, Yao).