Go Mavs!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The only problem with the Suns is when the playoffs begin because of the increased intensity, increased fouls, and grind of the long season, the tempo of teams does slow down. As much as I would love to see Phoenix win it all I just don't think it will happen. The one hope that I do have is that the league has gone through some fundamental changes in its philosophy and rules changes where it could just happen. The other hope is that since Phoenix has played its best defense I have seen from them, they could be up for the challenge. If they make the finals, they may have some problems against Detroit, but if Miami makes it, I think Phoenix would destroy them because Miami never has matched up to them well. Phoenix is the best at running overgrown centers out of the game (Shaq, Yao).

BUT....there is a difference between the Eastern Conference and the West....only one team REALLY plays defense, and that is San Antonio...and when the playoffs come around....nobody plays better defense (OTHER than Miami) in the playoffs then San Antonio.

One last thing....did last nights Dallas team remind you of a certain Dallas team during the finals last year....can't hit free throws, gets a little lazy with the ball, lazy on defense....wondering if this is a trend of some kind.....

"One last thing....did last nights Dallas team remind you of a certain Dallas team during the finals last year....can't hit free throws, gets a little lazy with the ball, lazy on defense....wondering if this is a trend of some kind....."

Ha, ha, they sure looked like the same team that lost in the Finals last year. They can't win it all without a dominant center. Dampier plays good only when he wants and specially on his contract's year. I saw him played for Golden State for years and he was just a bump, no hustle, no life. He can't guard the Shaqs, Yaos, and Duncans.....

BUT....there is a difference between the Eastern Conference and the West....only one team REALLY plays defense, and that is San Antonio...and when the playoffs come around....nobody plays better defense (OTHER than Miami) in the playoffs then San Antonio.

One last thing....did last nights Dallas team remind you of a certain Dallas team during the finals last year....can't hit free throws, gets a little lazy with the ball, lazy on defense....wondering if this is a trend of some kind.....

Oh yes, that reminded me a little bit of last year. The thing that got me was that Dirk I think has become a little paranoid of the refs since last summer and when he got nailed for that technical foul that really showed me his clutchlessness. I understand a little bit of it, considering last year's playoffs, the officiating was just totally pathetic, but the phoenix game, the refs did a fairly good job with.

And now Detroits CRUSHES Phoenix....which once again...as I stated, the Eastern Conference just plays better defense than the Western Conference period. THE ONLY team that plays excellent defense is San Antonio. Dallas has played much better defense this year, hence the better record....but the moment the Suns showed them they can out run anyone in the West....Dallas resorted to their old ways of NO DEFENSE. I will say it again, the team with the better TEAM DEFENSE will win the NBA championship....more than likely, a Eastern Conference team.

And now Detroits CRUSHES Phoenix....which once again...as I stated, the Eastern Conference just plays better defense than the Western Conference period. THE ONLY team that plays excellent defense is San Antonio. Dallas has played much better defense this year, hence the better record....but the moment the Suns showed them they can out run anyone in the West....Dallas resorted to their old ways of NO DEFENSE. I will say it again, the team with the better TEAM DEFENSE will win the NBA championship....more than likely, a Eastern Conference team.

I would be really careful judging how some of these top tier teams are playing right now. This is the last stretch of the regular season and the top tier west teams are starting to shut it down and are getting ready for the playoffs. They have played a much harder schedule than teams in the east and are getting ready for the playoffs. Phoenix did lose, but San Antonio, the best defensive team in the league, just lost to Boston the other night. East teams still have games to play for so right now so they may still play with more urgency.

I would be really careful judging how some of these top tier teams are playing right now. This is the last stretch of the regular season and the top tier west teams are starting to shut it down and are getting ready for the playoffs. They have played a much harder schedule than teams in the east and are getting ready for the playoffs. Phoenix did lose, but San Antonio, the best defensive team in the league, just lost to Boston the other night. East teams still have games to play for so right now so they may still play with more urgency.

AHHHH...but the top tier teams in the East play that kind of shut down defense ALL YEAR LONG....the Detroits, the Miamis, the Clevelands and the Chicagos....they play that every night.

After that win over the Mavs, the Suns have gotten owned.

Houston didn't seem to have too much trouble with Detroit last night.

The REAL season starts soon. We'll find out then whose theories hold water. Personnaly I'm with Salsa's defense argument, but then I'm biased, being a Piston's fan.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts