God Friended Me

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I am absolutely loving this show. The cast has great chemistry, and the writing is smart and fresh. In a way, it's more intriguing than Manifest. Easily my favorite new show of the season.

S~

I binged season 1 over the summer and enjoyed it for the most part. But this season I'm starting to find the confrontational approach of the "God Account Squad" a bit too presumptuous while seriously violating a person's privacy rights (going so far this week as hacking someone's email account and accessing their medical records).

This is the weekly pattern:

1) Get a friend suggestion.
2) Dig up dirt on the person by any means necessary (legal or illegal, totally violating their privacy rights).
3) Ambush and confront the person with their problems even though you only have a small part of the picture.
4) Be told, "You don't understand. Stay out of it. It's none of your business."
5) Proceed to divulge to that person's loved ones their most personal and carefully guarded secrets.
6) After being not believed by the loved ones or told to stay out of it by them too, dig up more dirt and secrets (again, by any means necessary)
7) Ambush everyone involved with more interventions and group confrontations.
8) Lather, rinse, repeat until everyone involved breaks down, admits to everything, and thanks the GAS for their time, service, and assistance.

In the first season, it seemed the friend suggestions were often people they knew, or knew someone they knew, so it didn't seem as intrusive. And Miles seemed more likely to explain the God Account thing as the reason behind him getting involved in their lives. Now they just seem to be on some kind of self-righteous mission to help these people, while no longer even trying to uncover the source of the God Account. And Rakesh is due for many years in a prison cell for all his hacking work. lol

I binged season 1 over the summer and enjoyed it for the most part. But this season I'm starting to find the confrontational approach of the "God Account Squad" a bit too presumptuous while seriously violating a person's privacy rights (going so far this week as hacking someone's email account and accessing their medical records).

This is the weekly pattern:

1) Get a friend suggestion.
2) Dig up dirt on the person by any means necessary (legal or illegal, totally violating their privacy rights).
3) Ambush and confront the person with their problems even though you only have a small part of the picture.
4) Be told, "You don't understand. Stay out of it. It's none of your business."
5) Proceed to divulge to that person's loved ones their most personal and carefully guarded secrets.
6) After being not believed by the loved ones or told to stay out of it by them too, dig up more dirt and secrets (again, by any means necessary)
7) Ambush everyone involved with more interventions and group confrontations.
8) Lather, rinse, repeat until everyone involved breaks down, admits to everything, and thanks the GAS for their time, service, and assistance.

In the first season, it seemed the friend suggestions were often people they knew, or knew someone they knew, so it didn't seem as intrusive. And Miles seemed more likely to explain the God Account thing as the reason behind him getting involved in their lives. Now they just seem to be on some kind of self-righteous mission to help these people, while no longer even trying to uncover the source of the God Account. And Rakesh is due for many years in a prison cell for all his hacking work. lol

I still like the show....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)