Going with DirecTV, question on Sports Channel?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Gauzeturbo

Original poster
Jan 3, 2009
Michigan
I just had a Dish Network installer come and he couldn't get an HD connection without putting one dish on my chimney and one dish on my lawn about 75 feet away, but he said DirecTV could do it with one dish on my chimney without the problems Dish would present. He says that personally, he would go with DirecTV, so I trust him and have ordered it today!

My question is, I am getting the 200 digital channels +HD DVR package and wanted to know if I can get Fox Sports Detroit HD in that? Dish included it, and I am within the DMA (I live by Saginaw, about 100 miles north of Detroit and not near any major cities that would interfere with Fox Sports). Would I get this in my package? Thanks for the responses in advance.

If you have the HD package, you would get Fox Sports Detroit HD, including the Tigers, Red Wings and Pistons, in HD.

Just a heed of warning, Many techs will not install the Slimline dish on a Chimney. So be prepared for a roof mount or at an additional cost a pole mount. If he does decide that the chimney will support that size of a dish, make sure he runs the lag bolts in the brick and not in the mortar.. It will come down and it will damage the structural integrity of the chimney.

Awesome, so I would get that in HD? It shows it is available on 663 and that it says HD available.

Be aware that not EVERYTHING on these channels is in HD. Of course that is true of many/most HD channels as of now. That said, there is alot on there, and you should be happy.

I also agree about making sure the bolts are in the brick and not the mortar, IF they do put it on the chimney.
Personally I like the pole mount, and request/demand it on every install that I have had. I have the slimline and a superdish mounted side by side on poles. Very stable, and I like the fact that I can get to them easily if there is a problem

Just a heed of warning, Many techs will not install the Slimline dish on a Chimney. So be prepared for a roof mount or at an additional cost a pole mount. If he does decide that the chimney will support that size of a dish, make sure he runs the lag bolts in the brick and not in the mortar.. It will come down and it will damage the structural integrity of the chimney.

The LAST place (IMHO) to install any dish, especially a Slimline, is on a chimney. You are not only taking a chance of the dish losing alignment over time, but of having the brick loosen and cause a serious leak. Even if it costs money, a pole mount is a FAR better solution.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)