Golf Channel

lgb0250

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 15, 2006
I know some of you will go "yawn" about this subject but to some of us it's important.

Went back and forth with TGC about who was carrying their HD product. All of the CSR's kept saying call your local provider and ask them. After finally getting tired of the old run around I did a little Google reasearch and found out the name and phone number of the Managing Director or Public Relations of TGC and gave him a call this morning.

According to this gentleman, Dan Higgins, Comcast will have TGC-HD fully rolled out by the end of this year. E* has nothing going on it yet. D* has it scheduled for the fall. I figure this must be one of D* new HD channels they plan on rolling out this year. Just thought I'd pass along this info to the golf fans.

This would be a great add for E*. They really need to get the ball rolling on this. Golf is probably the best way to show off your HD set. It's beautiful.

that's good info, nothing worse than watching golf in SD after CBS started showing the Masters in HD. In HD you can actually see the blades of grass and read the way the puts will break. Based on that, I will avoid a new commitment with E* and switch when it is offered. Thanks

I also seem to recall that TGC is going to be showing the tournaments that ABC used to broadcast. I know that my SD quality of TGC blows on my plasma, so this I'm not looking forward to.

Interesting comment by the guy from TGC. Everything I've read said Comcast was offering it as an add on. If the MSO carried both TGC and VS they could carry the HD channel for free.

For him to say "Nothing happening with E" is weird. It would seem any provider could add it whenever they wanted to based on already signed contracts of the SD versions.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)