Good Bye E* Hello D* & HD Tivo

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

RickyMac

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 7, 2004
Phenix City, AL
I have been with E* since 1993. I have had a 2700, DVHS Receiver and 510 and recently purchased 921. :mad: Also, I have had Tivos for years. NBR is GREAT!

No NBR on 921 was the last straw. I went to Circuit City last night and purchased D* HD Tivo and installed myself. :smug

This morning I got a RA# from E* and returned the 921. :yes

I finally realized that I wanted to watch good TV and not be a bug tester.

When I started looking at the HD Tivo I was confused at first. :confused: IT WORKED AS ADVERTIZED! :D I typed in my zip and the OTAs loaded and LISTED automaticly. The setup was simple for anyone that had previously owned a Tivo.

Last night I recorded two HD OTA shows that were on at the same time and did not feel like I was working a VCR.

I will continue to report on my D* HD Tivo. I have earned the right after putting up with all the E* lies.

But you know what, it's not E*s fault; it's the fault of everyone that puts up with this kind of treatment. :eek: With all the lies E*s numbers have continued to increase. If you want to make E* a better company, then leave. Right now they have no reason to get better.

HD TIVO, I love it. :D If? I find anything wrong with it I will let you know.

Dish has until February 7th to add Universal HD and ESPN2HD. If not then I will be dropping them as my primary provider and adding voom. I will still keep just the HD pack from dish because I can't live without my HDNet :)

I won't switch to DirecTV because they're still missing TNT and I'm not paying for $300 for a receiver.

RickyMac said:
I have been with E* since 1993. I have had a 2700, DVHS Receiver and 510 and recently purchased 921. :mad: Also, I have had Tivos for years. NBR is GREAT!

No NBR on 921 was the last straw. I went to Circuit City last night and purchased D* HD Tivo and installed myself. :smug

This morning I got a RA# from E* and returned the 921. :yes

I finally realized that I wanted to watch good TV and not be a bug tester.

When I started looking at the HD Tivo I was confused at first. :confused: IT WORKED AS ADVERTIZED! :D I typed in my zip and the OTAs loaded and LISTED automaticly. The setup was simple for anyone that had previously owned a Tivo.

Last night I recorded two HD OTA shows that were on at the same time and did not feel like I was working a VCR.

I will continue to report on my D* HD Tivo. I have earned the right after putting up with all the E* lies.

But you know what, it's not E*s fault; it's the fault of everyone that puts up with this kind of treatment. :eek: With all the lies E*s numbers have continued to increase. If you want to make E* a better company, then leave. Right now they have no reason to get better.

HD TIVO, I love it. :D If? I find anything wrong with it I will let you know.
Very well said. I also have been with "E" a long time (mid 90s) and feel the same way.

I've put up with every equipment problem including the 4000 "black outs", the 7200s when "E" downloaded a bug that basically wrecked the unit and now a year of frustration with the 811. I've been patience about fixes and new channels, etc but the out-right lies are the last straw.

Now that my area (Vermont) is no longer controlled by Pegasus, I'm about ready to switch to "D".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)