Good bye Miami

Van

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jul 8, 2004
Virginia Beach
Well my work in Miami is done, nearly 3 weeks here starting out with repairing systems and after 2 days doing mostly installs and not a single day off either. I've liked my visit here aside from the worst traffic and drivers Ive ever experienced in my life and Ive been in many cities that are known for bad drivers. What would have made my time here better is if I had a grasp of the spanish or portuegese language, english really is a second language here. But that aside I could see myself living here if it wasnt for the fact that the housing market here is so grossly over priced, homes that sold for $80,000. 4 years ago now sell for $250,000. One thing I never found down here is where all of us poor irish people congregrate at :p but even though I have felt like a stranger in my own land I still have enjoyed myself and cant say a bad thing about all of the people that I have met here.

Yes I agree about the drivers in this state. I to am from Michigan(Grand Rapids area), moved here about 4 years ago and still cant stand the way people drive. I use US Hwy 19 everyday and only live one block from it and it looks like a cemetery along that road because of all the crosses they place along the road for the deaths from traffic accidents.

Anyways have a safe trip back and enjoy all that snow and cold air.

Its supposed to be about 60 when I get back monday evening hehe. I've been on the dolphin and palmetto and 95 alot and 95 is a late persons nightmare, I was looking at it and think that the best thing they could do is to build another freeway over top of it all the way to palm beach and go with 10 lanes in each direction. I was really shocked at the amount of traffic fatalities, heck there are around 130 traffic acidents just in the greater miami area each day even after power was back up. Whats more frightening is the amount of people here who dont have a drivers liscence and dont have insurance. I dont know how many times Ive seen people riding this little chopper scooters along the streets and even one on the highway like theyre street legal vehicles.

If I could find even a half acre parcel out by the glades I'd buy it and put a modest house on it but prices here are just absurd and are projected to stay steady for the next 20 years. Everyone that Ive talked to has blamed northerners from new york and chicago and people from central and south america for the high cost of property here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts