Good experience with 61.5 dish install. CBS-HD qualified?

Rlanham

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 22, 2004
I had a 61.5 dish put in today. They mounted the dish 500 next to my superdish & new switch & mounted it all neatly to the house. It took them a while thought, they had to re-do the superdish connections too, said they were never grounded properly. I got approved for CBS-HD, 1st try. Didn't meet requirements according to dish website, but I am not complaining.
(other threads said people in the Champaign, IL local areas weren't getting approved & were being denied wavers.)
Maybe since It took 45-minutes on the phone (with the lady from India trying to sound american) to get her computer to work, she just went ahead & added it. :confused:
Then she said it will cost $5.99 for the CBS-HD feed, & said my new monthly bill would be $77.45... (same as before I added it) geeze..

DISH tech said Voom channels would also show up on my 522 also :no

I saw on an ad with HD-news that there would soon be 21-channels on the Voom-HD pak, instead of 10? I think it said this summer?

Rlanham said:
Then she said it will cost $5.99 for the CBS-HD feed...
DISH tech said Voom channels would also show up on my 522 also
Should only be $1.50/month, unless you already have locals and/or distants, then it should be free.
As for Voom channels on the 522, this is wrong. They do not show up on my 721 or 311's. The only receivers they appear on are 811, 921, and 942.

I just called and got CBS HD added as they forgot to give it to me when they installed my 61.6 dish and 811 two weeks ago. I had been so busy enjoying the VOOM channels I didn't notice I was missing CBS HD. I also upgraded my 120 service to the 180 package so now I get all the SD channels I once had with VOOM. If HDNews ad indicated the full VOOM21 was coming to Dish this summer, then I guess it must be so. I'll keep an eye open for that ad/promo.

dfergie said:
Congrats...Cbs hd Rocks...

You are not kidding, watched CSI-Miami last night. :yes :D

Website showed that they not only did not charge me for CBS-HD. (I have locals), but they also took off the $1.50
monthly charge for the SD-CBS NY, that I have had since inception.

You think Dish would publish a training manual so all of their customer reps are on the same page.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts