Good Friday Shocker - MASN Added to E*

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Mid-Atlantic Sports Network Launches on DISH Network(TM) MASN on Channel 432 MASN2 on Channel 433 Nationals and Orioles Fans Get Unmatched Access All Season LongENGLEWOOD, Colo. & BALTIMORE, Md.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--April 6, 2007--EchoStar Communications Corporation (NASDAQ: DISH) and its DISH Network(TM) satellite TV service announced today the launch of the Mid-Atlantic Sports Network (MASN), the television home of the Washington Nationals and the Baltimore Orioles.
"Adding the Mid-Atlantic Sports Network to our existing Regional Sports Networks lineup gives Nationals and Orioles fans all the more reason to subscribe to DISH Network," said Eric Sahl, senior vice president of Programming for DISH Network. "By combining the latest and most popular sports programming with the functionality and technology of our industry-leading digital video recorders, they will find multiple ways to enhance their viewing experience."
"We are pleased to have finally reached this agreement with DISH Network," stated Todd Webster, spokesman for MASN. "DISH Network recognizes the huge appetite for Major League Baseball in the mid-Atlantic region and has stepped up to the plate for its customers."
MASN, a 24/7 regional sports and entertainment television network, will feature up to 161 regular season Nationals telecasts and 162 regular season Orioles telecasts this season. Additionally, for the for the first time ever, the network is carrying 30-minute pre-game and post-game shows, providing fans unmatched access all season long. DISH Network customers who subscribe to America's Top 100 Plus and higher or Dish Latino Dos and higher now have access to MASN on channel 432 and MASN2 on channel 433.
DISH Network subscribers will be able to enjoy this programming immediately and are invited to tune in at 6:30 E.T. this evening to either channel 432 to catch the Orioles at New York Yankees or channel 433 to see the Nationals host the Arizona Diamondbacks. For more baseball action this weekend and all season long, subscribers should visit www.masnsports.com for schedules.
DISH Network offers customers a wide variety of sports programming including the NFL Network, ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN News, ESPN Classic, NBA TV, The Speed Channel, The Golf Channel, and Regional Sports Networks.
New subscribers can sign up for DISH Network's DishDVR Advantage, an all-inclusive TV package with more than 200 all-digital channels, local channels where available, a state-of-the-art DVR serving two TVs and free standard professional installation with no extra fees for one low price of $49.99 before promotions.
For more information about DISH Network call 1-800-333-DISH (3474), visit www.dishnetwork.com, or visit your local DISH Network retailer.

Source: Echostar

Do you have to be in the BAL. area to get this channel? Because i dont see it on my TV. (I am in CT)

I have the america's everything pack...I don't see it on my TV...(again I am in CT) do I need the multi sports package to get this channel or is multi sports package already in the America's everything package?

I just called and all I need to do for Virginia is upgrade to 100+ from 100 and I can get all the local RSN's, at least the ones I need, CSN and MASN1 and 2 for 5 bucks more a month. I did it!!!!

Wow, so now Verizon is the only provider in the area not offering MASN and MASN2. Yikes! So much for the fiber. Now I can switch to the dish! :)

Well there both blacked out in my part of West Virginia but I am not surprised at least this will stem the loss of subscribes in the Virginia - Maryland areas over baseball.

At least Charlie is doing something right baseball wise this week and if and when Dish Gets MLB EI we will see nationals home telecasts unlike last year.

I have the america's everything pack...I don't see it on my TV...(again I am in CT) do I need the multi sports package to get this channel or is multi sports package already in the America's everything package?

They are a Regional Sports Network. In CT you would have to purchase the Multi Sport Pak in order to see these channels. Any pro games on them will be blacked out where you are.

Hmm ... both channels blacked out for my south-central PA address (which got Orioles games fine before). Hope that this is just a matter of my receiver getting updated blackout info, and not one of Dish limiting the distribution of MASN.

Good that they are turned on, but man the PQ blows. I guess it's too much to ask for a HD version...

I'm now getting half of the RSN sports group. Still don't have the two MASN's yet but did get the CSN channel. Tech support told me it might take up to 24 hours for my STBs to update. There not blocked but just not coming through yet.

Hmm ... both channels blacked out for my south-central PA address (which got Orioles games fine before). Hope that this is just a matter of my receiver getting updated blackout info, and not one of Dish limiting the distribution of MASN.

Did you check in the past to see if you could get the O's on Extra Innings or ESPN? I was always blacked out on EI for the O's and last Tuesday when the O's played on ESPN2. If you weren't blacked out, you may not be in MASN territory.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)