Good Friday Shocker - MASN Added to E*

I is my understanding that the blackout rules are up to the various sports teams and the TV (FSN) stations and NOT Dish nor Direct.
When I first got the sports package I could not see the Columbus Blue Jackets and I could see the Pittsburgh hockey team. So I called up the FSN Cincinnati station and they fixed the problem. I could the then see the Columbus team and not see the Pittsburgh team.
So I don't see where it is E*'s or D*s problem as they don't control the blackout rules.
Correct..The teams determine where their signal gets viewed. Period..
MLB teams apparently have taken this allownace and run with it...I thought I was in a weird situation with 4 MLB teams (CIN BAL ATL WAS) claiming this area as part of their territory....

I think the zip code data bases are not current and that is one cause of the problem. My subdivision, 30 miles south of D.C. is only about two years old and was given its own code. When I had Comcast, I had to plug in the Dale City zip code to get a program guide. My zip code was unlisted or not known. I think the tables need to be updated at the central hub of where they broadcast the signal.
think you are on to something.....There is a zip code "hole" here in my area..It's zip 28104...According to MLB this zip is not in any team's territory and thus no blackoputs at all...Here's the best part...I used to be in that zip so I can use it because before they built the new Post Office here 28104 was my zip...I am thinking of buying MLB.tv for the sole prupsoe of having no blackouts...

All I know is that my zip code is now finally getting both MASN games live when they are being broadcast. I did loose all the other RSN games that were out of area though. No bid deal though. I'm just glad they fixed it so I can get the Nats games live. All this can be fixed if people in the right places would intervene and "get er done".

All I know is that my zip code is now finally getting both MASN games live when they are being broadcast. I did loose all the other RSN games that were out of area though. No bid deal though. I'm just glad they fixed it so I can get the Nats games live. All this can be fixed if people in the right places would intervene and "get er done".
So before Dish and MASN got things fixed you could see all out-of-market games on the RSNs? I always heard of people asking for a "magic ZIP code" that would have no blackouts of any pro sports, and you (and probably Charlie) actually had one. :p

Now if Mr. Buckle would just get to the bottom of why Baltimore keeps getting blacked out for the Nats on MASN when the game's on channel 20, a non-local station.

We don't get blacked out on MASN when the Orioles are on 13, though.

Thank God for my outdoor antenna.

I have to ask..What is the future look like for the Nationals?..Are they going to continue to be one of those teams that discovers great talent only to let them go via free agency?...

So before Dish and MASN got things fixed you could see all out-of-market games on the RSNs? I always heard of people asking for a "magic ZIP code" that would have no blackouts of any p
ro sports, and you (and probably Charlie) actually had one. :p

I actually meant a few of the out of area games. I saw the Braves games and a few others. Maybe they were re-broadcasts or simulcasts. I didn't pay that much attention because they weren't my teams. Last night though, I only saw the O's on MASN.

I have to ask..What is the future look like for the Nationals?..Are they going to continue to be one of those teams that discovers great talent only to let them go via free agency?...

The Nats are the only national farm club for the rest of the league. When teams farm clubs don't have anything to bring up, they go the Nats for players. The Nats are the "go to" team for players. Actually, seems pretty much most D.C. pro teams are that way. Guess who burnt the Wizards last night? :D

The Nats are the only national farm club for the rest of the league. When teams farm clubs don't have anything to bring up, they go the Nats for players. The Nats are the "go to" team for players. Actually, seems pretty much most D.C. pro teams are that way. Guess who burnt the Wizards last night? :D

There is no way of knowing what the Nats will be like until the new stadium opens. The Lerner family decided to spend zilch on major league personnel while still at RFK. They did spend some money to make RFK a little more livable and are spending on the farm system.

I personally think they should have spent a little bit on the major league product as a show of faith to the people buying the tickets, though.

The redsins ned help too but I don't see evidence there.

The Wizards are missing their 2 stars and show it. The Nats were indeed a farm team of sorts but with Soriano gone I am not sure there is much there to farm. In any event we can only hope that now that they are not ownd by the other teams it will get better.

We hope that anyway.

There is no way of knowing what the Nats will be like until the new stadium opens. The Lerner family decided to spend zilch on major league personnel while still at RFK. They did spend some money to make RFK a little more livable and are spending on the farm system.

I personally think they should have spent a little bit on the major league product as a show of faith to the people buying the tickets, though.
I have friend that works in the Caps front office..I saw in Feb when the Devils were there and I asked her about the team and the owners..She seemd matter of fact when she said she really didn't know whether the owners were going to make a commitment ot keep ing the top players...Shortly after I was there , they traded Danius Zubrus....The point is I think the Caps are the same as the Nats...They are a warehouse for top players. My guess is Ovechkin will be in another uniform when his deal with the Caps runs out..
The Nats wanted no part of Soriano when his deal came to an end...Shame...I think it is essential to have Baseball in DC..But if the owners don't want to spend, the team will not be competitive.

The Nationals will be a nothing team as long as Jim Bowden is the GM. Giving him money to spend is a detriment to the team, so no money to him, is a good thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts