Good Gameplan Deals

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Wesro

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 10, 2008
Eufaula, Alabama
I have read for a while of people getting good NFL ST deals. Just wondering if anyone has ever got a good Gameplan deal?

I have read for a while of people getting good NFL ST deals. Just wondering if anyone has ever got a good Gameplan deal?
If you are looking for the few alabama games (or sec in general) that were on PPV last year, I would pass on gameplan this year. With the new ESPN contract, you should be covered.

To answer your question though, no I have not heard of deals on that package.

I can't miss my Alabama Football. I am just gonna have to save up and buy it.

If you are doing it for alabama football, DONT!!!!!! Being in Alabama any games that would be on the package will be blacked out because of where you live and you would have to buy on ppv in addition anyway. You will end up paying more. I know, this is exactly what happend to me last year. I have a service address in Alabama, and had to buy those games in addition to the gameplan fee. I will not do it again.

They way it will work this year, Alabama (and every SEC school) should only have one PPV type game. Everything else will be handled by ESPN, ESPN 2, ESPNU, ESPN classic, CBS, and the ESPN regional networks. We will end up seeing alot more football over the whole conference than we have seen before. In addition, every game is supposed to be available on ESPN.360.

So for your purposes, you will be wasting your money

If you are doing it for alabama football, DONT!!!!!! Being in Alabama any games that would be on the package will be blacked out because of where you live and you would have to buy on ppv in addition anyway. You will end up paying more. I know, this is exactly what happend to me last year. I have a service address in Alabama, and had to buy those games in addition to the gameplan fee. I will not do it again.

They way it will work this year, Alabama (and every SEC school) should only have one PPV type game. Everything else will be handled by ESPN, ESPN 2, ESPNU, ESPN classic, CBS, and the ESPN regional networks. We will end up seeing alot more football over the whole conference than we have seen before. In addition, every game is supposed to be available on ESPN.360.

So for your purposes, you will be wasting your money

Living in Minnesota I don't have that option. I am a die hard Georgia fan. This is the first you I will be able to get Gameplan. Last year I missed many games because the lack of Gameplan. My cable company does subscribe to ESPN360 in my area.

Living in Minnesota I don't have that option. I am a die hard Georgia fan. This is the first you I will be able to get Gameplan. Last year I missed many games because the lack of Gameplan. My cable company does subscribe to ESPN360 in my area.
Even outside of the area, the new TV deal is going to give you many more options to watch.

Google ESPN+SEC+tv deal for more info.
I am just thinking gameplan is a dying plan, and more or less useless for the average SEC fan now. Research before you buy:up

I thought if I bought Gameplan the PPV games would be included in the plan.

I doubt anyone is going to pick up the Florida International, North Texas and Chattanooga games.

So, how do I go about watching them?

I thought if I bought Gameplan the PPV games would be included in the plan.

I doubt anyone is going to pick up the Florida International, North Texas and Chattanooga games.

So, how do I go about watching them?
They way they did it for me last year, with my service address in bama, was to black out most (if not all) Bama and Auburn games that were shown on gameplan. I had to buy them PPV. Had I known that before hand, I would never have paid for gameplan.

SEC Football on TV in '09 - Solomon's Wisdom - al.com

This lays out the ESPN contract in as good of detail as is available right now.

I would look for the CSS games to show up on sat or OTA in many cases as well based on other places I have read.

As to your question about the FI, NT, and Tenn Chatt games, see this quote from the link I gave

The new TV contract calls for all conference games and all non-conference home games to be televised.

Since those are home games for us, they will be available on one of the channels. Gameplan? Maybe, but as I stated before, in my experience, you being in the area, would have to pay for them seperately anyway.

Personally, I would wait until at least next month before buying it just to see if any more details come out.

My situation is that I live in a DMA with no ABC affiliate, so I have to get it out of New York. When I want to watch the regional ABC game (Oklahoma/Big12 region), would ESPN Gameplan black me out because of my address regardless that I have no DMA affiliate? Can I specifically purchase the game I want when the New York ABC is showing another game? Is Gameplan not the way to go for me?

My situation is that I live in a DMA with no ABC affiliate, so I have to get it out of New York. When I want to watch the regional ABC game (Oklahoma/Big12 region), would ESPN Gameplan black me out because of my address regardless that I have no DMA affiliate? Can I specifically purchase the game I want when the New York ABC is showing another game? Is Gameplan not the way to go for me?
My guess is you would be blacked out in some cases based on your DMA no matter if they have the local ABC or not.
From what I saw last year, the blackouts (for me) were statewide, not just a part or two of it.

Sorry I can not tell you more

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts