Good news - confirmed wireless keyboard working!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

drboyddrboyd

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 4, 2010
US
I just tried it; a Logitech Pro 2000 wireless keyboard works on the AzBox Ultra - and probably all the rest.

It's just a keyboard because I don't think a mouse would do anything. There's a little USB dongle that just plugs in, and you turn on the keyboard and voila! There you have it!

The good news is that these are pretty cheap - like $32 at Amazon - and it has at least enough range to get from my couch to the TV - probably 12 feet. The range may be greater, but I didn't check to see how far it would reach.

I did plug the dongle in with the box already on and booted up; I didn't try booting with the dongle in.

So, we do have a confirmed wireless keyboard working.

:D

Drboyd,

Excellent! I will try one myself. I keep meaning to, but seem to get dirstracted with other projects. Thanks for posting that you found one that works. Having a keyboard will simplify a lot of operations with the AZBox.

RADAR

Well, it's odd, now that I've had a chance to mess with it more. The number keys work in some screens, but not others. The space bar mutes the sound instead of producing a space. (I use an underscore, seeing as how I have no idea how to make a space appear) The arrow keys and the enter key work well, and the "esc" key works for the "up and back" button on the right of the remote. The backspace erases stuff, generally, and the "delete" key works to check or uncheck boxes.

Drboyd,

Excellent! I will try one myself. I keep meaning to, but seem to get dirstracted with other projects. Thanks for posting that you found one that works. Having a keyboard will simplify a lot of operations with the AZBox.

RADAR

Well, it's odd, now that I've had a chance to mess with it more. The number keys work in some screens, but not others. The space bar mutes the sound instead of producing a space. (I use an underscore, seeing as how I have no idea how to make a space appear) The arrow keys and the enter key work well, and the "esc" key works for the "up and back" button on the right of the remote. The backspace erases stuff, generally, and the "delete" key works to check or uncheck boxes.

Ha Ha! Ok, so the operation is a little quirky, right in line with the AZBox's history I guess. As I see it, it is still nice to be one step further. Take the good with the bad and do what we can.

RADAR

Good point! Who knows what this thing wants? :confused: Why would numbers work fine in one field, but not work in another field? I'm not even gonna bother asking in the official AzBox forum, but if someone else feels inclined, please let us know how it turns out...

Is it expecting a non-English keyboard?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)