Good News For C-Band!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

nailzs

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 16, 2005
Starz Entertainment Group has created two new channels, RetroPlex and IndiePlex, that will launch April 3, extending the company's family of targeted movie channels.

RetroPlex will offer movies of the 1950s, 60s and 70s, and IndiePlex will run theatrically-released independent films.

IndiePlex titles include Leaving Las Vegas, Trainspotting and Do the Right Thing. Films on RetroPlex include Five Easy Pieces, West Side Story and Patton. The channels will draw on Starz's inventory of theatrical movies from major studios and independent suppliers including Disney, Miramax Films, Touchstone Pictures, Hollywood Films, Sony Pictures Entertainment, Columbia Tri-Star, Screen Gems, Revolution Studios and others.

RetroPlex and IndiePlex are on G 5 - 110, 111 and available to current Starz subscribers.

I noticed those up there for a while now. The other day they were showing the exact same content on both channels. I thought they were there all along :).

Yes they have been mapped for a while, though the programming is a loop on both channels, I guess the real programming will start playing close to April.

A little more news. Discovery HD Theater is moving from it's current C4-600 to C3-617. It's broadcasting on both at the moment.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)