Good place to shop I think...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Remington

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 1, 2005
Gatineau, Qc.
If you are Canadians you all know it's always a bit more expensive for us to buy products... US dollar, custom fees, extra shipping cost, etc..

But today I found a site where they sell at very good price, shipped from Canada.
I don't know if I can post the link or if you all know it already but...

For exemple:
-Fortec Mercury II at 69.99$ + tax/shipping = 84$ CAD at my door it's very good for me!

The Fortec Dishes are also at good prices.

:)

too good to be true ?

Some of their prices are outrageously high... and some of their prices are outrageously low.
Read their policy page - it seems they intend to sell to USA customers, yet they only show shipping and taxes for Canadian customers... quite reasonable shipping, I might add. :confused:

Under Payment, they list this:
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](order fulfillment from Canada and USA)

That suggests they ship from a USA address to USA customers.
If so, there would be no international shipping delays or customs to deal with...
The catch may be at the bottom of the payment page, where they say $29.95 flat shipping for up to four receivers.
In the shopping cart, it says $9.95 for one...
Oh, and "all prices are in Canadian Dollars"... which makes it even more attractive to USA customers.

I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop. :cool:

[/FONT]

Yeah I noticed too that some stuff is more expensive... (motors)
I compared with Sadoun (first Sadoun has a LOT more products) but the Fortec (receivers /dishes) seem cheaper.

It's not perfect but it's an option for me specially on the dishes which are very costy to ship.

I think what they mean is that if you order 4 receivers, the shipping is $29.95
instead of $9.95 X 4 . no?

I love some fo the stock photos on the stie. Seems most people are on a cell phone or you almost get a cleavage top down view of some women standing and taking off her jacket. That kind of reminds me of a lot of FTA dealers, their sites have photos of TV's with Spiderman 3 or Pirate of the Carribean movies.

Prices on some of their stuff is really great though. Then again, they have a coolsat 5000 for $249

I've never heard of SEESAT, but unless Pansat makes them, I would think Pansat would not be to happy that the Seesats have apparently stolen their little logo and inverted it.

Last edited:
Better buy those Fortec Star receivers at that price, because you won't see them anywhere for less. I am sure that this price is way below their wholesale price.

Clearance, blowout pricing. Gotta love it!

ordered Mercury II

Noticed the same thing.
But since I 'd read their site pretty well, I knew they said you could call and order.
So, I called their 866- toll-free number.
Lady with a French accent answered, and there was a man talking loudly in the back ground, again either in French or with an accent.

In spite of what I read on their site about shipping -from- both Canada and USA, she said they only shipped from Canada, but were happy to send to the USA.
I pointed out the web site had no provision for calculating USA shipments.
After some discussion (in French), she returned to the phone and said to just click on Alberta, or anywhere with a 6% tax, and that would work.

Again, I confirmed that the shipping would be $10, and that the prices were in Canadian dollars.

She wouldn't take the order by phone.
So, I followed instructions and ordered on the web site.
When you get to the PayPal page, you fill in your country and address.
The bill comes to:
Code:
Mercury II  $69.99 CAD
shipping     $9.99
sales tax    $4.20
total       $84.18 CAD
So, depending on what the credit card company does to me on US-CAD conversion, I think that was a good deal.
My currency converter says it comes to: $76.69 USD

Oh, and the web site has been saying "3 in stock" for two days.
She said they had two. Then, I ordered mine.

Canadian POST ?

No order confirmation email from eCanada nor Pay Pal, but I did just get one from Canadian POST.
Whatever this means: "This item will be shipped by Expedited USA."
No COD charges, no tracking number, and no estimated delivery date.
Perhaps they will communicate that later.

I ordered some parts from LedShoppe in Hong Kong, and they were shipped on the 9th via Hong Kong POST.
We'll see which package gets here first. :rolleyes:

The race is on ! :up

I ordered a Mercury II today as well, just couldn't pass up that $84 can delivered price. ....Now we will see if they actually deliver. Anole, I got the same Canada Post alert....except it said it would ship expedited Canada, not USA of course. They didn't get my tax right on the checkout page, charged me 6% instead of 14%, I'm not complaining but it kind of makes you wonder. I'll feel better if they send a tracking #. I usually buy from the tried and trusted companies but greed got the better of me on this deal, just couldn't pass it up and now I'm paying with paranoia:D

Anole, It's funny you heard a french accent they really seem to be in Toronto...

starman345, if the store is in Ontario it's normal you just paid the 6% (GST), you only pay the provincial tax if you are living there.

I don't really need a new receiver right now but I heard very good comments on the Mercury II... :hungry:

StarMan -

I posted immediately after my order.
Do you think you placed your order before or after mine?
Just curious if you got the first of three or the last of three. :)
I'm assuming I got the 2nd of three listed on their site, since they said they actually had two in stock when I called.

As for the price, I wasn't going to buy it from anybody for $115 (about the lowest in the US) so none of our vendors were harmed by this purchase.
I really shouldn't have bought it as it was, and instead saved my money for a PVR unit or HiDef receiver, to arrive later this summer.
I guess a good deal (and blind scan) got the best of me.
And as I researched the Mercury II, I came to really respect it.
Both in a Tele-Satellite review, and one here on SatGuys.

Remington -

Thanks for the head's up on this deal!

I could be wrong about the French. It was a bit muffled.
I did think it funny that this wasn't Quebec.
Don't they herd all the French-speakers over there? :rolleyes:
Plus, I'm more attuned to Spanish, Vietnamese, and pretty much anything but French! :)
Ya think I mistook one of the middle-eastern languages for French?

I got a follow-up email from Pay-Pal.
It confirms that they've paid for the receiver.
"Currency Conversion: $79.39 USD = $84.18 CAD"
About $2 or $3 more than I calculated, but still attractive.

Probably didn't bother shipping it out on Friday. :(
Might not get into the Post 'till Monday.
I'm not going to worry about it this weekend.
If I get a tracking number early next week, I'll be pleased.
But regardless, I expect the shipment by next Friday, or I'll get annoyed.

What does it normally mean: Expedited USA
...or Expedited Canada?

Anole, I think you'll get annoyed... :D

The shipping was cheap at least!

-Expedited Parcel USA (9 business days)

-Xpresspost USA (5 to 6 business days)

-Purolator International (1 business day)

"Remington -

Thanks for the head's up on this deal!"

I really hope they keep doing those sales!!! :up
I don't think it's a "3 months store" , they have a real store location so...

and I'll call myself so if I don't understand what they say behind... it's not french!

StarMan -

I posted immediately after my order.
Do you think you placed your order before or after mine?
Just curious if you got the first of three or the last of three. :)
I'm assuming I got the 2nd of three listed on their site, since they said they actually had two in stock when I called.

As for the price, I wasn't going to buy it from anybody for $115 (about the lowest in the US) so none of our vendors were harmed by this purchase.
I really shouldn't have bought it as it was, and instead saved my money for a PVR unit or HiDef receiver, to arrive later this summer.
I guess a good deal (and blind scan) got the best of me.
And as I researched the Mercury II, I came to really respect it.
Both in a Tele-Satellite review, and one here on SatGuys.

Remington -

Thanks for the head's up on this deal!

I could be wrong about the French. It was a bit muffled.
I did think it funny that this wasn't Quebec.
Don't they herd all the French-speakers over there? :rolleyes:
Plus, I'm more attuned to Spanish, Vietnamese, and pretty much anything but French! :)
Ya think I mistook one of the middle-eastern languages for French?

I got a follow-up email from Pay-Pal.
It confirms that they've paid for the receiver.
"Currency Conversion: $79.39 USD = $84.18 CAD"
About $2 or $3 more than I calculated, but still attractive.

Probably didn't bother shipping it out on Friday. :(
Might not get into the Post 'till Monday.
I'm not going to worry about it this weekend.
If I get a tracking number early next week, I'll be pleased.
But regardless, I expect the shipment by next Friday, or I'll get annoyed.

What does it normally mean: Expedited USA
...or Expedited Canada?

Judging from the time on your post yesterday, I ordered about 2 hours before you. I did an online order, the site said 3 available at that time. I just checked and they are sold out.

in transit

I phoned eCanadaPlus today for a tracking number.
The guy said to email him from the email address of my order, and he'd get it right out.
While fumbling with my paperwork, to be able to cite my order number, I reviewed all my information.
Being unfamiliar with Canada POST, I didn't realize the email they'd sent on Friday had a tracking number.
(Email from UPS or FedEX gives a URL to use)
So, once I found their web address from their email (http://www.canadapost.ca/)
I got my tracking info.

Order placed 13:05 their time (sounds right)
In the hands of the POST 19:37 on Friday the 18th
Delivery expected June 1st.
Not exactly stellar -
I wonder if it goes across Canada to the west, then to the US, or directly across the border first?
Though, US Postal package service can be pretty slow, too, unless you pay extra.

The Hong Kong package did arrive last Friday.
It was in transit for 9 days.
So, I guess they won the race. :cool:

edit:
oops -
On the Canada Post email, hidden below the French, -was- a tracking number link.

Just ordered a 36" dish, $74.98 Can. Delivered. I just used their Pay Pal link and
got an e-mail from PP in about 30 seconds. Also did not pay any tax.

comes with LNB

I thought maybe Dishexperts might be attractive for Canadian dish purchases.
(They have a Toronto address, as well as one near me in Los Angeles)
But, the 36" Fortec Star -with- LNB, is $79 US, -plus- shipping.
So, you really scored !

It was the review by Iceberg, here on SatGuys, that encouraged me to get that particular dish some time ago.

The Mercury II arrived this morning. Took it out of the box and set it up, it seems to work fine, I just don't have the time to play with it right now, work is in the way. Maybe later....... I thougth that was pretty quick shipping considering I ordered Friday....thanks Remington, this was a good deal!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts