OTHER Good reciever less than $100?

So I'm wondering, even if some of these boxes do support piracy in Europe or Asia or Australia or someplace else in the world, you can't use them for that here, right?
Yes, that is the reason I have limited talk about some of them. 99% of FTA boxes can be used to hack with, if hacking firmware is installed. Usually though this takes effort from the user to locate and download and get an RS-232 cable or JTAG, etc. Sites that allow this discussion, will tell you what cable to get where to download the hackware, how to do it all.....
We don't allow that here, so why in the heck would I limit talk about these receivers?
Because they come ready to hack out of the box, and yes, they come ready to hack NA channels and satellites. If it were another country I would not really care as much.

Because they come ready to hack out of the box, and yes, they come ready to hack NA channels and satellites.
I did not know that, and honestly didn't think it was possible. Too bad, but I understand your position completely.

And frankly I really hate doing it. As I know most guys here are not here to hack, they are here to enjoy the hobby of FTA. However, to protect the interests of SatelliteGuys and to enforce the no hack talk here I had to make a very tough decision.
These boxes are being more and more associated as the box to get to hack, I do not want SatelliteGuys thought of as one of the sites that promote the interest of hacking. This is nothing new. Years ago, we discouraged the talk of Jynkbox, and nfusion and others that were used heavily in the the hacking community to hack DISH Network.

Becareful with the Ismart stuff.

I bought an x10 unknown to me that it can be used for dirty things. Wont scan any FTA with the tuner that is in it.
Its a clone of the Junkbox. Only nice things about the junkbox, menu and remote.
I did see that new Ismart box and from the specs it should be ok.....

For a cheap box your best bet is the x2 V or mini. Don't forget the USB fan.

Reactions: danristheman
Hey all,

I'm new to FTA, I don't have any equipment at the moment besides a Dish 500 dish (I plan on getting a bigger dish). But I was looking into receivers, and I'm wondering if there's any decent receivers out there under $100 that supports blind scanning? I live in North America and I'm planning on pointing my dish at all the satellites I can that have unencrypted FTA channels.

By the way, what would be a decent sized dish?

Thanks so much

36" or 3ft is the minimum size for Ku band FTA dishes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts