good signal but searching for satallite

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

blockisle9

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 1, 2004
I'm a bit confused, (Thats nothing new)This morning we had some fairly heavy rain while I was at work, It stopped and cleared up. When I got home and turned on the TV I had the searching for satellite screen, it kept going from picture to the searching screen. When I checked signal strength I had 119 transponder 12 at 100 percent and 110 transponder 12 at 89 percent. I did a check switch that reported ok. I finally pushed and held the power button on my 522 till it powered off and it rebooted, it then reported searching for satellite again for about a minuet then it downloaded the guide.
After that all seems well again.
Just wondering why it would act like that with strong signals till I rebooted it.
Thank You
Lenny
PS- Sorry for the long post

If you left it on during that storm, sometimes the system gets out of whack and just needs a hard reboot.

My dad leaves his 301 on all the time, and had to do that the other day when it rained hard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)