good signal,poor reception on g-3

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hanson

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 15, 2009
ky.
on galaxy 3 at 95 degrees,ive got 80 % signal quality,but almost no picture at all. using a fortec star ultra reciever and 10 ft. dish

try bumping ( slightly moving the dish east or west with the motor) when it comes to signal , Quality is what your looking for. pick a known live transponder on that sat and move the dish slightly see if it improves :)

tried moving it,getting good signal quality,but the picture starts messing up and no signal comes up on screen

i have a 10ft. mesh dish,fortec ultra,california lnb,no switches,and the dish is 25-30 ft. away from the house if that makes any difference.

i have a 10ft. mesh dish,fortec ultra,california lnb,no switches,and the dish is 25-30 ft. away from the house if that makes any difference.

Are you slaving the Ultra to an analog receiver, or direct connect to LNB?

If slaving, are you using a DC-block or "T" with 1 power pass leg?
If not slaving, since you have a Californina Amp LNB, I assume you have a polarotor and must be controlling polarity via an analog receiver.... if so, I would recommend telling your Ultra that all transponders are horizontal, because some LNBs don't work well at 13V that the Ultra will be putting out when set on vertical.

I have the same problem....95W C Band

on galaxy 3 at 95 degrees,ive got 80 % signal quality,but almost no picture at all. using a fortec star ultra reciever and 10 ft. dish

both TPs 70% quality

4040 H 1110 ---->Black
4167 V 0983 ---->Image very good

BSC621-2 conected direct to Pansat 2500a

Thanks in advance......

If you are trying to get the equity mux on G3, you may have to tune your dish a little. The tight FEC requires a high carrier to noise ratio.

I had to give my 10' elevation a couple turns and it locked right on.
My dish has little room for error on that mux.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)