Good Signal Strengh #

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Hockeyfan16

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 14, 2005
Just wondering here.

My usual Signal Strengh number is 93-96.

Is this considered good, great? Good chance of holding up in foul weather?

Hockeyfan16 said:
any idea how well a 96 strengh will hang up during snow?

I wish I could get 96 on all of my transponders !!!

As for the snow, it generally takes quite a hard and wet snow, and one that piles up, before I will lose signal.

That only happens about 1-2 times a year for me, (where I actually lose signal) then I just go out to the dish and broom it off.

No big deal, unless you cannot get to your dish in bad weather.

But overall, I don't have much trouble with snow.
I am in NW Ohio, not Colorado !!! don't know where you are ...

Jimbo

I can't get to my dish in the winter. Its on the roof! (2 story apartment)

What do I do in that case? I'm in Connecticut.

Will a hose work? I can run a hose outside and spray off the snow...

Any signals bove 60% is fine, as long as all of the active transponders are getting a sinal above 60 you are fine. You can even receive signal without problems above 45% but in the US you should be getting 80% plus on all active trxs.

18 and 26 are spot beams. Signals on the spot beams may vary from 0 to 100 depending on where you live and how well the dish is aligned.
60% will work, but that just increases the chances of problems with rain fade.

I guess I'm gunna have to put together a make-shift super broom.

I'll take a bunch of broom sticks (with the head broken off) and connect it to an in-tact broom and use that.

Its on the 2nd story of my roof, so I guess that can work.

jimisham said:
18 and 26 are spot beams. Signals on the spot beams may vary from 0 to 100 depending on where you live and how well the dish is aligned.
60% will work, but that just increases the chances of problems with rain fade.

i have tried to get better signals on these, but i can never get 26. the best i get on 18 is 57, but then all others go down in strength. I only have problems when it rains really hard.

rbbfpe said:
i have tried to get better signals on these, but i can never get 26. the best i get on 18 is 57, but then all others go down in strength. I only have problems when it rains really hard.
I'm in southwest Michigan and I've got 3 spot beam transponders I don't get any signal on at all. One of them is 20 which is the Detroit beam. St. Louis is on that transponder also.
I get 100 on 18 which is the Chicago beam here and 100 on 26 which is the Indianapolis beam in this area. I believe there's 6 spot beam transponders on 101 and signals are going to vary on all 6, depending on where you're located.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)