Good time to jump into hd?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jmastanduno

Original poster
Jan 25, 2006
Hi, first time here, lots of great info, real thorough.....
Currently I have diectv in 4 rooms and when I signed on over 1 yr ago I was given a directvivo that is installed in my main room with my HT. This year I scored a monster 65" mitsu 1080i HDTV (no 720p) to replace an aging 48" pioneer.
The only thing so far the best source I have to display on this beauty comes from my Panny s77 DVD player. The DVI input (w HDMI adaptor) produces a real clean image on the set and I sit 10 ft from it (wife thinks Im insane).
ANywho, I have now real alot about MPEG4 on D*. I live in the NYC metro area and assume that I am in the first wave of upgrade, but I wouldnt mind switching depending on the deal I can get as a new subscriber.
I called E* and was told that I would have to pay $250 up front for a HD DVR. All else would be free. The guy also said that I would get a total of 8 (count 'em, 8) HD channels. I thought that sounded pretty lame, I am wondering how all this that I have read would affect me as a new suscriber. More HD channels after MPEG4??
Also from what I understand isnt D* going to offer MORE HD channels as well but their HD DVR is 4 bux, (ouch) better than a grand like it was 1 yr ago, but still....
OK so who has (or soon will) the most DH channels, are HD DVRS to be made available as leased items? etc. This is very confusing.
Thanks for reading,
J

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)