Goodbye Dish Network

NR2D

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 17, 2005
Laurel Springs NJ
I was just told by a DISH DIRT rep that I can't have my Hopper 3 and my VIP 722K on the same account. I'm on the phone now with a customer support rep and she is saying the same thing. Until this morning it was fine to have my 722K on the same account. Another DIRT rep said nothing about the 722K when I asked him to check the charges for my new Hopper 3.

The DIRT rep this morning and the customer service rep says that a Hopper 3 and the 722K doesn't fit Dish's business model for the Hoppers.

imho its one of the failings of the hopper system

they should integrate with the vip receivers
the only saving grace is the 16 tuners on the h3 vs the 3 on the h1/h2

I am new to Dish but I can't understand why you would want a VIP 722K and a Hopper 3. You can get a Hopper 3 and several Joeys and should be good to go.

Hardware wise they can't be on the same dish. You would need multiple dishes from a technical standpoint. The hopper 3 is meant to be a whole home dvr solution with up to 6 joeys as clients so it was not designed to work with other receivers.

imho its one of the failings of the hopper system

they should integrate with the vip receivers
the only saving grace is the 16 tuners on the h3 vs the 3 on the h1/h2

Dish allows all VIP receivers, 211, 222, except the 722K on the account. My installation, a Hopper 3 in 1 room and the 722K
is the most convenient. It's just unbelievable.

I just got the phone with a customer service manager and she would not reauthorize the 722K. My only option to keep the Hopper 3
is to buy a Joey.

Help me out, so is it a $$ thing or is it that you just like the 722? There must be something about this receiver that makes it incompatible with the H3. Shame on them for not having this info, but I can tell you from experience the 4k Joey is phenomenal - small size, super fast and works great with the H3. Maybe they can swap it for a Joey.

I was just told by a DISH DIRT rep that I can't have my Hopper 3 and my VIP 722K on the same account. I'm on the phone now with a customer support rep and she is saying the same thing. Until this morning it was fine to have my 722K on the same account. Another DIRT rep said nothing about the 722K when I asked him to check the charges for my new Hopper 3.

The DIRT rep this morning and the customer service rep says that a Hopper 3 and the 722K doesn't fit Dish's business model for the Hoppers.

Here's my advice. Just leave DISH and be done and happy. My way or no way doesn't fly, you are complaining about something that goes back to the original Hopper.

Dish allows all VIP receivers, 211, 222, except the 722K on the account. My installation, a Hopper 3 in 1 room and the 722K
is the most convenient. It's just unbelievable.

I just got the phone with a customer service manager and she would not reauthorize the 722K. My only option to keep the Hopper 3
is to buy a Joey.

No they do not, never have. Only the 211 series.

The ONLY VIP receiver allowed on any Hopper account has always been an owned 211. They didn't even allow that in the beginning.

Sent from my iPhone using Chrome.

Here is a Quote from the DIRT member that I received this AM, "other than a VIP 211/211k/211z/411 or Wally".

Help me out, so is it a $$ thing or is it that you just like the 722? There must be something about this receiver that makes it incompatible with the H3. Shame on them for not having this info, but I can tell you from experience the 4k Joey is phenomenal - small size, super fast and works great with the H3. Maybe they can swap it for a Joey.

As explained to me with the Hoppers be a "whole house" system adding the 722K would defeat their "whole house" system concept. I am running separate 1000.2 dishes for each receiver. What makes this hurt even more is that I bought another eastern arc LNBF Hybrid and installed it on my second dish and moved the dish around to the eastern arc on Sunday. The second dish isn't easy to work on either since it is 20' up on my ham radio tower. My doctor keeps telling me to get more exercise well I did just that on Sunday!

The real sad thing is that I've been with dish for over 20 years. I love it. I've done my own installations from the beginning. Before Dish I had a C/Ku band 10" dish. I didn't install it but when I got Dish i did take it down.

I'm sure that if I went to Direct TV or Comcast it would be the same thing. And there is no way in hell I'm going to Comcast.

Well after talking to my wife and calming done a bit I guess I'll buy a Joey.

Never a dull moment!

Why don't you want to get rid of the 722?

Because it would be easier for my wife to operate. It operates about the same way as the 211K that it is replacing so there would be very little of a learning curve for her.
Plus it is a great receiver. I have had it for 7 years and I hate to get rid of something when it doesn't fit a companies business model. I could see if Dish didn't support it any
longer but it still works great.

Reactions: dare2be
Why don't you go with the 211k and add your own ext. hard drive , pay DISH the $40.00 one time charge for the software that enables your 211k to be a dvr. Then you could keep the 211k that can now record both one sat and one ota tuner at the same time and you could still get the hopper 3 system? The 211k will operate similar to the 722 with the same menus, guides, interface, etc., and it will be separate from the hopper system and it will still be a dvr and it would only cost you $7.00 for the additional fee and NO extra dvr fee on it. That way you get to have your cake and eat it too.

Plus it is a great receiver. I have had it for 7 years and I hate to get rid of something when it doesn't fit a companies business model. I could see if Dish didn't support it any
longer but it still works great.
It is great enough for me to keep mine and not upgrade to the Hopper. As long as you don't have a Hopper, Dish still supports it.

It is great enough for me to keep mine and not upgrade to the Hopper. As long as you don't have a Hopper, Dish still supports it.
The problem was that on a couple nights a week I wanted to DVR more than 2 shows at the same time. I would have to set 1 timer for the west coast broadcast and sometimes I would still miss the
episode any way. So the big reason I bought the Hopper 3 was for the 16 tuners.

Up until this morning there was NO problem with having the Hopper 3 and the 722K on the same account. Then all of a sudden according to Dish I couldn't have it that way. Well with the Hopper 3 and the Joey it is going to be $15 cheaper for me, $129/month(Hopper + 722K) vs. $111/month (Hopper 3 + Joey). So I guess I win in the long run!!!

Reactions: DWS44
Here is a Quote from the DIRT member that I received this AM, "other than a VIP 211/211k/211z/411 or Wally".

As explained to me with the Hoppers be a "whole house" system adding the 722K would defeat their "whole house" system concept. I am running separate 1000.2 dishes for each receiver. What makes this hurt even more is that I bought another eastern arc LNBF Hybrid and installed it on my second dish and moved the dish around to the eastern arc on Sunday. The second dish isn't easy to work on either since it is 20' up on my ham radio tower. My doctor keeps telling me to get more exercise well I did just that on Sunday!

The real sad thing is that I've been with dish for over 20 years. I love it. I've done my own installations from the beginning. Before Dish I had a C/Ku band 10" dish. I didn't install it but when I got Dish i did take it down.

I'm sure that if I went to Direct TV or Comcast it would be the same thing. And there is no way in hell I'm going to Comcast.

Well after talking to my wife and calming done a bit I guess I'll buy a Joey.

Never a dull moment!
These are all basically 211s.
A 411 is extremely old, a Wally doesn't even exist.
You are aloud a max of 2 of these on a Hopper account.

Vip222, 612,622,722,722K,922s, are NOT aloud on a Hopper account.
Very Very few exceptions.
Like less than .5% of requests.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

How long have the Hopper and 722k been active together? I'm surprised it even made it past the initial activation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)