Goodbye iPhone Hello Android

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Why do you need wifi calling with a microcell? The whole idea of the microcell is giving you full bars which it does. I use the Note 4 and S4 with it flawlessly. In fact it is my Sister in Laws Iphone that has problems using the microcell.
Beyond that there are many ways to have Wifi calling, I use the MagicJack app but there are other ways to do it.

I feel the Note series are the best phones made. My Note 4 to this day holds up to just about any new phone being made. In fact so good that I decided not to move up to the Note 7 as tempting as it is. It is a little larger than many phones but it doesn't seem so after having it and the screen clarity is superb. There are times the stylus is very handy.

Samsung made some changes in their flavor of Android and it would not connect to the new (black) version of the ATT microcell unless there are no bars on LTE voice. I had to manually go into the manufacturers settings and disable LTE and it would immediately connect to the microcell, then go back and re-enable LTE whenever I left the house. It is a well known problem and there are many posts about it in the ATT forums, Amazon and around the internet. It would connect to the old (orange/white) version of the microcell when I'm at the lake house, but then there is no signal period out there so it wasn't a problem. Also picture messaging would not pass thru the microcell either and I get a lot of photos texted to me from field inspections, before files are closed to be sure that is all we want documented from a scene.

I run my own business and work from home. I need that line and don't want to fool around with call forwarding, magic jacks, land lines etc. I've had that number for 15 years and it's in the emergency contact database for all the Cities I represent and for at least 20 insurance company claim departments as the first contact for my clients.

ATT's answer was to enter that 8 digit code each time and scroll down to enable or disable LTE. I was about ready to leave them, but had other fish to fry, so I just grabbed an iphone6+ and enabled wifi calling. The iphone worked with the microcell ok, but WiFi calling works so well, I just disconnected the microcell and sold it and my Note 4 last week while it was still getting decent prices. No need for the microcell, if my internet goes down I was going to lose service, whether on the microcell or wifi calling and go back to the 1 bar I get inside the house.

I do miss the stylus as it made it easy to notate damage on photos before uploading to my dropbox or box accounts. The Notes camera is many times better than the iphone's and the Note form factor is a lot easier to hold than the iphone 6+ too. Also the Note worked better with the bluetooth in my truck than the iphone. If ATT enables wifi calling on the Note's or Google ever allows them on Project Fi I would switch back to them in a heart beat. As it is I currently have other things to worry about and just want my phone to work when I need it too and not just when I'm outside.

ok my rant is over :happydance

I have two of white/orange ones at each location that work as they should and no problem getting or sending pictures.

Att sells more Samsung phones by alot over other Android phones so it looks like a Samsung problem. So by far more people who use the Microcell have a Samsung phone. Other phones have a problem with the Black model it's just there are far fewer of them so far fewer posts. There is an exception from the many posts I have read over many months. The S6 specifically seems to have the MMS problem and could be no matter the version of the Microcell.
I will also tell you if you had enhanced LTE turned on I see where that turned off made a difference. Not needed anyway as very few towers make use of it.

Bottom line get the Microcell White version works tremendously well with our phones all android, all Samsung. S4, Note 4. S7. Also be sure enhanced LTE is turned off for all occasions.
You may get your wish, ATT is moving to having Wifi calling, though as I posted I have that capability now without needing ATT to initiate it.

Last edited:
Welcome to the dark side, I switched myself about a year ago, you get some strange looks from apple folks :) lol but after a while it's all good

I guess Scott will be back in the Apple fold, at least for a while, during this recall.

I see where you can swap it- but when and for what?

So this year its iphone 7, next year 7s, so two years for the 8?
Apple's cycle is not that long. I would expect the iPhone 8 to be available before Christmas 2017 as the iPhone 7 appears to be a rather incremental step. Of course if Apple has to go back to the drawing board to add the headphone jack back...

Nope have had mine for awhile now and its great. It does not get hot, sounds like there are some bad batteries out there though.

I'm thinking this is a ticking time bomb. When the charge rate is excessive it can generate lots of Hydrogen gas from the battery. This gas trapped in the phone case is harmless unless there is a spark near by as the gas leaks to the air. I don't know the phone construction but I know battery charging chemistry. Let me venture a guess that the Samsung is generating hydrogen gas and this seeps from the case while disconnecting the charge cable. A tiny spark from the disconnecting event could blow up the phone.

When I was building battery systems for underwater lighting systems I sold, I had big warning to open the case and charge in a well ventilated area that was free from open flames and no smoking, etc. A competitor designed his battery packs with closed cases and vented the gas through the charging port. His lights had a bad track record of exploding. None of my packs ever exploded, but customers complained about me not making them with a charging port through the case.

Scott, here's a suggestion for you since this phone seems to have an unusual number of accidents. When you are done charging the phone, do not unplug it at the phone. Instead, unplug the wall power supply first, then the cable from the phone, This will remove the sparking from the phone proximity greatly reducing a hydrogen gas explosion.

Apple will not go back and add the headphone jack back. I don't have a problem with that but wish they would use USB-C instead of Lightning.

And yeah I am sitting here confused on what to do. Are they going to ship me a new phone to replace the one I have, do I have to go to a store and trade this phone for another one? Or do I return it and get a iPhone 7?

Reactions: Foxbat
Scott, Samsung normally makes good stuff, but their customer support really sucks! YOYO is the name of the game. But I heard a news report on the financial reports they are going to have a complete recall. Sounds like they know there is a problem. Of course, recalls have to be done with an official notification so you should hear from Samsung if the report I heard is valid.

Hey, I'm in Ashland VA on the way to Celebrity Summit for a cruise to Canada. We leave Sunday. Hope this storm doesn't cause trouble getting out of Port LIberty Sunday night. We left early to escape the Hurricane eyewall. It rained hard all through GA. Jacksonville got nothing other than some drizzle.

They don't have a fix yet, so I doubt they themselves know what they're going to do.

Quickest is to get a refund and then decide for yourself what to do.

Anyway, I hear the iPhone 8 will have iris and other biometric readings, and since they're there, it'll act as a lie detector for the person holding the phone and talking. And a voice stress analysis app to detect lies from someone at a distance. It was tested on recordings of political speeches but stayed stuck on positive for lies results. It was only when they tested it on doctors that they realized the problem. And a new microphone with optional funnel will let you hear conversations at a distance. It'll all be controlled by a new electronic assistant, named Hal.

I heard it all from the little voices in my head.....

I see an iphone SE 64GB in the cards for my wife and a new ipad Pro for Don. Little voices in my head too. But the voice also said Apple stock will have to go to $135 before the ipad Pro will arrive.

Reactions: navychop
I see an iphone SE 64GB in the cards for my wife and a new ipad Pro for Don. Little voices in my head too. But the voice also said Apple stock will have to go to $135 before the ipad Pro will arrive.
Oh please!! Blow the dust out of your wallet and just the the iPad Pro, you know you want to! :)

I love mine and use it quite a bit.

Sent from my samus using Tapatalk

Reactions: KAB
Apple will not go back and add the headphone jack back. I don't have a problem with that but wish they would use USB-C instead of Lightning.

And yeah I am sitting here confused on what to do. Are they going to ship me a new phone to replace the one I have, do I have to go to a store and trade this phone for another one? Or do I return it and get a iPhone 7?

Just keep the one you have, what could possibly go wrong? :oops:

There was a national announcement about replacements, turn in for a new one (made when?) and you will get a $25 gift card...if you don't flame up first!

How do you get an SD card delivered via email? LOL!
C'mon, Don, it was probably Scott's phone auto spell correcting his post. Samsung's users are typically trendy youth who know not what mail is, so obviously he meant to type email. His phone was just trying to save him from embarrassing himself...
:D:D:D
(like our iDevices have never auto-corrected our typing to change what we meant to say! I have to go back and proof-read my posts all the time due to Safari's spiel-check. And since my typing isn't what it used to be, I need all the help I can get.)

I was wondering how they are fixing all the galaxy note 7 from catching fire and blowing up that quick. I will stick with my apple. I enjoy having fingers.

Reactions: KAB

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)