Google Nabs CBS As AT&T, Amazon, Hulu Seek OTT Partners

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Ronnie-

Member of the Year
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Aug 28, 2007
mississippi
http://www.investors.com/news/technology/google-nabs-cbs-as-att-amazon-hulu-seek-ott-partners/

Google has signed up its first broadcasting content partner -- CBS (CBS) -- for a web TV service set for an early 2017 launch.

The over-the-top (OTT) market is expected to heat up with new offerings from AT&T (T),Amazon.com (AMZN), Alphabet's (GOOGL) Google and Hulu. What differs in this new wave from earlier Internet video services is the expected inclusion of more live broadcast content. Most OTT services have featured on-demand programming.

Google has gain edrights to all of CBS' content, including live NFL games, Reuters and the Wall Street Journal reported Wednesday. CBS has marketed its own stand-alone, direct-to-consumer, web TV service.

Going to be a ton of offerings soon in this market.

http://investorplace.com/2016/10/go...ing-tv-youtube-goog-stock-googl/#.WAkvKuArKhc

• [*]The new streaming TV service will reportedly be an expansion of Google’s YouTube.
    [*]CBS Corporation (NYSE:CBS) has signed a deal for its channels to show up on the streaming TV service.
    [*]The deal with CBS will include all of its content, such as live streaming of NFL games.
    [*]Google is also in talks with Walt Disney Co (NYSE:DIS), Viacom, Inc. (NASDAQ:VIA,VIAB) and Twenty-First Century Fox Inc (NASDAQ:FOX,FOXA) to have their channels available via the streaming TV service.
    [*]Rumors also claim that the tech company is in talks with Comcast Corporation(NASDAQ:CMCSA) to offer its channels on the upcoming streaming TV service.
    [*]Google Unplugged will offer less channels than what a typical cable subscription includes.
    [*]Google is currently planning to launch the new streaming TV service during the first quarter of 2017.
    [*]The cost of the streaming TV service hasn’t been pinned down yet, but sources claim it will range from $25 to $40.
    [*]The streaming TV service will be separate from YouTube, but executives from that platform are reportedly working on Google Unplugged.
    [*]YouTube and several content providers have refused to comment when asked about the upcoming streaming TV service.

Not sure how I feel about that.

Looks like the market is fragmenting, which will require more and more subscriptions, making my online channels bill look like my old cable bill.

Best thing about Hulu, is that it had all the networks (except CBS), so I only really needed it for current stuff, with Netflix added on for much of the older stuff (and movies).

I can see this possibly keeping prices competitive. These ott services will be more or less nationwide as opposed to cable in most places only having one option.

I don't think you would need multiple subscriptions as this isn't really a netflix/hulu/amazon prime competitor for next day or next season viewing. This is for live tv streaming.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Reactions: Coach Knight

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)