Google OS - What do you think?

Wow should be interesting, specially when Windows 7 is released

Competition is always good in the marketplace. I would consider dualbooting it on my laptop if the apps are good enough....

It's geared towards netbooks only is what I read/heard yesterday and I would hazard a guess that its next evolution will include smaller hand helds and merge with its cell phone.

I try most all things Google, but will be passing on their OS, unless it miraculously has full DirectX support and all my apps and games work on it.

As a netbook OS with a specific scope, I think it's a great idea.

I too, try most things Google. Mainly for mail, voice, and calender, and that is limited. I am more worried about what the privacy policy is. From what I heard Chrome is a great browser, but everything you type is sent back to Google. Is that true? If so imagine the lack of privacy on the OS.

Attachments

• tinfoil-hat.jpg
    tinfoil-hat.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 163
I dont see that anywhere in there, and I dont think they would do that, they are just building a OS not programs.

They really aren't even building an OS; they are putting Chrome on top of a dumbed-down Linux, and then using google apps from the cloud, and off-line versions (of gmail, docs, calendar, etc). So it would be compatible with Microsoft files, but the thing strikes me as a bit silly.

I like the stuff google does, but this just does not sound as impressive as I initially hoped.

I think it will be a great product for netbooks. It will help drive the lower end since it will be free and I bet they go to a lot of effort to put a nice polish on it. I would probably not consider it for a desktop until it has gone through a few iterations. There are a lot of people that just use a computer to surf the internet and basic office applications, it could develop into something for them.

Nice, but it would take a lot to give up my Mac OS X. If you could dual boot on Boot camp that might be a consideration.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)