Google Spying on your viewing

Memories are short in the video clip/sound bite era, but it was only a few years ago that there was a major effort to revise the Patriot Act to exclude the Feds from monitoring what books people were checking out of their libraries. There isn't much difference between what you read and what you watch, both should be protected privacy.

Put me down as another Orwell reader. I also recommend Fahrenheit 451.

Great book, great movie. And I'm actually looking forward to the remake (in BD).

I also recommend the movie "Minority Report."

CHECK OUT A BOOK AT YOUR LOCAL LIBRARY.
HELP KEEP MY WIFE FULLY EMPLOYED! :p ;)

Great book, great movie. And I'm actually looking forward to the remake (in BD).

I also recommend the movie "Minority Report."

CHECK OUT A BOOK AT YOUR LOCAL LIBRARY.
HELP KEEP MY WIFE FULLY EMPLOYED! :p ;)

Movie adaptations of books tend to be a disappointment. If I've read the book, I rarely watch the movie.

Incomplete thread.......Nobody has said the obligatory........

"If you aren't doing anything wrong, then you have nothing to hide"

statement....All other arguments/counter-arguments have been covered.
Thanks for the chuckle.

Someday we'll all have microchips attached to our brains so that they can tell what we are actually watching and report that. Until then, it's a crap shoot - I mean, I haven't actually watched an entire program for months, yet I have 8 SetTop boxes on 24/7 tuned to whatever channel was watched last. It looks like all 8 of us are watching 24 hours of TV everyday, but realistically anymore we probably combine 2-3 hours of cable tv viewing between all 8 of us each day (and of that viewing, most of it is recorded before we watch it, and our PVR auto-skips the commercials!). Of course, we watch OTA and FTA satellite another hour or 2 each day, but they aren't seeing that (and are actually "thinking" that we are watching their programming on 8 different TV's)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)