Google Talk Beta - Free IM & Phone Calls

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have heard of Jabber. What does that do? I just have the regular free trillian client.

Stargazer said:
I have heard of Jabber. What does that do? I just have the regular free trillian client.
Jabber is an Open Source IM Protocol. The Free Trillian does **NOT** have the plugin for Jabber :(.

how many people will actually use this? It seems like everyone I know is still an AIM person. Don't know many people who leave that world, would be great if the GMAIL one could use other protocols like Trillian.

the Google one **CAN** use Trillian, just not the free Trillian. I have my gmail addy/IM on Trillian PRO.

what i meant was everyone uses an AIM screen name, it would be cool if the gmail one was a client to AIM like trillian...

Which messengers are the most popular/are the most users on? I thought I heard a while back that ICQ was the most popular but I had always thought that Yahoo was most popular. I have also been looking for regional chatrooms other than the ones Yahoo has (by state). The yahoo ones are full of bots and its not like it used to be when I first used it. I also hate that some people act like they are one person but are another. I wish there was a way to trace them to see if they are the same person or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)