google to crack down on fragmintation

I hope they learn from them.

There is a reason why Apple Products work while Android product may or may not work.

I know an android app maker and before he releases his software he has to test them on over 30 models of android powered phones to make sure everything works, as each phone is tweaked by the maker and is not using the default android code. This is why I am happy to see Google cracking down.

oh i dont mind the os being controlled by google, but leave the app store more open

let google control the updates, the manufacturer whould make the phone work with the os

kinda like pcs, ms puts out the os, part people make drivers

Fruit Ninja... just grabbed it. :D

I got to remember myself to check everyday. Maybe I can make a widget to show here in the Phone Zone what the daily free app is. :D

I agree. Good new.
Choice is good, but its crazy how different the android experience is across phones.

Google should withhold the android name unless they are on a standard version. If a company wants to take and "enhance" it and mess it all up, ok, but do not call it android.

Developers think fragmentation is a huge problem:

Android is a mess, say developers - Apple 2.0 - Fortune Tech

Among the problems that surfaced:

•Device fragmentation. 56% of Android developers said that operating system fragmentation among the various Android devices was a meaningful or "huge" problem, a percentage that actually increased over the past three months.
•Store fragmentation. Several developers expressed concern over Android app store fragmentation. "Generally," Baird reports, "developers seem to prefer a unified, single store experience like Apple's App Store."
•Ease of development. iOS outscored Android, but both were considered far easier to develop for than, say, Research in Motion's (RIMM) BlackBerry OS or Nokia (NOK) Symbian.
•App visibility. "iOS continues to lead," Baird reports, "followed by Blackberry, with Android still receiving poor marks in this category." Developers are particularly concerned about the level of "junk" apps in the Android ecosystem.
•Ability to get paid. iOS leads here too, followed by BlackBerry.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)