GoogleTV

Walt is on the money, the software is the problem with GoogleTV, not the hardware.

This was rushed out the door in time for holiday sales. If it was not for the holidays this thing would still be unreleased getting worked on.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Walt is on the money, the software is the problem with GoogleTV, not the hardware.

This was rushed out the door in time for holiday sales. If it was not for the holidays this thing would still be unreleased getting worked on.

So would it be safe to say that this box should be great in the not so distant future as they send out software updates? If so, then I won't be as hesitant to buy it.

So would it be safe to say that this box should be great in the not so distant future as they send out software updates? If so, then I won't be as hesitant to buy it.
Like someone said earlier, either in this or another thread, make your purchasing decisions based on current functionality, not what might be delivered down the road....

We don't know when these software updates are going to happen, so can't tell you if they will happen in the not so distant future or in a galaxy far far away.

myron243 said:
One of the things? There are others? That doesn't bode well for peace and harmony in the Greczkowsi household, now does it? :)

Why don't you disable the screen saver. I don't have the problem you describe with screensavers. There is a option for it in the system menu

At the very least, the Android (or should it be GoogleTV?) Market will go live early next year. Being released without it really speaks to that theory, Scott.

Google has too many partners and developers on tap to just let the box sit as is and they really don't kill projects very often. The only one I can think of recently was Wave and that was after a year of development and people were universally confused by the service. Hell even the Orkut social network is still running and super popular in Brazil.

Like someone said earlier, either in this or another thread, make your purchasing decisions based on current functionality, not what might be delivered down the road....

Man if more people here did that, then there wouldn't be nearly as many unhappy 922 customers here then there are now.

Have they fixed the 5.1 audio issue, yet? I'm still tempted by this despite the bugs, since I have a Harmony One remote controlling the system where my 722k resides.

I am not sure. I get my networks in hd with 5.1 dobly digital sound . Through the google box my a/v receiver still puts out sound through all 5 of my speakers. But on sd shows it only comes out of my speakers on the central and the front speakers. But the blue light showing dolby digital sound is always lit on my a/v receiver no matter what is played. So who knows for sure?

I am not sure. I get my networks in hd with 5.1 dobly digital sound . Through the google box my a/v receiver still puts out sound through all 5 of my speakers. But on sd shows it only comes out of my speakers on the central and the front speakers. But the blue light showing dolby digital sound is always lit on my a/v receiver no matter what is played. So who knows for sure?
This seems appropriate where Dolby Digital 2.0 sound is involved.

Can anyone confirm how/if we can create a channel list on the Revue (Settings>TV Source>Edit Configured Devices [VIP DVR]>Edit channel list) that utilizes the mapped-down HD channel numbers (i.e. channel 300 for HBO HD, rather than 9456). For any searches that I do, the Revue tunes to the 9xxx HD channel numbers, when I select the search result. I can't figure out how to get the Revue to tune to the mapped-down channels, as the Revue channel list doesn't even show HBO HD at channel 300, only at 9456. Thanks!

Can anyone confirm how/if we can create a channel list on the Revue (Settings>TV Source>Edit Configured Devices [VIP DVR]>Edit channel list) that utilizes the mapped-down HD channel numbers (i.e. channel 300 for HBO HD, rather than 9456). For any searches that I do, the Revue tunes to the 9xxx HD channel numbers, when I select the search result. I can't figure out how to get the Revue to tune to the mapped-down channels, as the Revue channel list doesn't even show HBO HD at channel 300, only at 9456. Thanks!

I have all my hd channels blocked in the higher numbers ,so this doen't work on mine either.

I guess we could unblock all the hd channels in the higher numbers and let it record off of them. I only block them to clean up my guide list. I could always create a list without the hd higher channel numbers and still get a cleaned up guide.

eyeah...nell no. i'd rather let Dish work with google to fix this, and not use that part of google tv until/if they fix it then ever go back to the 9xxx HD channels...they're a fuster cluck. sure would be nice if the 'enhanced integration' knew what channels i had unlocked, and only utilized those in search returns, then I might be willing to pay the $4.

also, anyone else sorta frustrated with the lack of consistency? sometimes "esc" acts as cancel...sometimes not. sometimes "back" acts as cancel, sometimes not. sometimes "esc" wont do a dang thing, and sometimes "back" wont do a dang thing. I think i'd really like back to eventually always take me back to live TV.

also anyone using a Harmony who's not having problems with the IR? my GTV keyboard works flawlessly, but neither of my Harmonys are working very well at all (Yeah, I have Harmony enabled in the GTV settings).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)