Gospel Music Television will be history soon -- Hallmark Movie Channel coming soon!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
mattb said:
SA will be soon dropping Gospel Music Television and replacing it with the Hallmark Movie Channel.

More info can be found at http://www.skyangel.com/hallmark
This will no doubt upset some folks but I see this as a positive overall. This will make SA more attractive to a broader range of subscribers

I am saddened by the loss of GMT. I hope SA will look seriously at providing another channel to broadcast a good deal of Southern Gospel music.

I don't know anything about Hallmark Movie Channel. Hopefully, it will provide wholesome entertainment in the manner of the Hallmark Channel.

BabaLouie said:
I am saddened by the loss of GMT. I hope SA will look seriously at providing another channel to broadcast a good deal of Southern Gospel music.

I don't know anything about Hallmark Movie Channel. Hopefully, it will provide wholesome entertainment in the manner of the Hallmark Channel.
According to SA

"Sky Angel has agreed to try to work with GMT in creating southern gospel special events, and another Sky Angel channel has agreed to put together a block of southern gospel music as well."

So sounds like some things are in the works

I also hate to see Gospel Music Television being removed but the Hallmark channels are a very nice addition.

GMTN was a selling point..........

Back in my 21st or 22nd year of going to the NQC it was a booth at the NQC that in 1997 convinced me that I wanted SA mainly to watch GMTN. Now it's gone. The phone recording said after many requests....Hallmark....fill in the blank. That's odd, SkyAngel didn't check with me or anyone else that I know of about making the change. Seems like money, or the lack of, had something to do with this change. I just finished sending in a comment to SA, not that it'll do any good. Sure seems like if they are going to make a statement that a lot of subscribers have been asking for family channels, they would have sent out questionaires. JMHO. Still better than reg programming but aggrevated about GMTN-less SA. Mike

P.S. Just for asking.....did they contact anybody?????????

i receive the sky angel advisory board emails(surveys),
they have asked me what channel i would like to see on sky angel,what channels i watch,what radio channels i listen to..........
get one every month,you should sign up!

Another thing people don't realize in speaking their mind about this channel being gone is that skyangel has said it was a mutual agreement, meaning GMTN wanted off just as much, its not lik SA just dropped GMTN, the said it was due to techincal issues, I am wondering if GMTN is not going to end their 24/7 channel and focus more on smaller amounts of content, I know they used to run a "scroll" all the time "begging" for $$$ support for their channel.

Alll Sky Angel subscribers should sign up to the Viewer Advisory Board
HERE

This way you WILL be asked what programming you watch and what you'd rather have.

See ya
Tony

mattb said:
skyangel has said it was a mutual agreement, meaning GMTN wanted off just as much,
That is an assumption, and a bad one at that. Mutual agreement only means they accepted their fate, not that they wanted off "just as much".

The Dominion is moving in a new and different direction. It is a shame that new 'family' channels cost them a religious channel of any sort. But that is the major drawback of SkyAngel - limited bandwidth. I hoped that 'adding family channels' was adding channels and not swapping religious for family. :(

The silver lining is that two out of the three channels added are excellent choices. See the other thread for why FNC wasn't such a hot add.

JL

i think all three choices will only help sky angel in the future......
and pick up a goodlife tv channel or something like that that is not on
dish and it can only help.

drfreeman said:
i think all three choices will only help sky angel in the future......
and pick up a goodlife tv channel or something like that that is not on
dish and it can only help.

I fully agree :yes

Jeff

mattb said:
Another thing people don't realize in speaking their mind about this channel being gone is that skyangel has said it was a mutual agreement, meaning GMTN wanted off just as much, its not lik SA just dropped GMTN, the said it was due to techincal issues, I am wondering if GMTN is not going to end their 24/7 channel and focus more on smaller amounts of content, I know they used to run a "scroll" all the time "begging" for $$$ support for their channel.

When I emailed SkyAngel, GMTN's site had a message on their homepage website, and even though it isn't there now when you log on to their website it's wording gave me the indication that they didn't want to leave. I'll paraphrase, something like write SkyAngel if you don't like GMTN being taken off of SA. That was the reason I emailed SA what I saw on the GMTN website. Their website now says that they were sold and another company owns them, which certainly might have had something to do with it.

MDB in SE Texas said:
When I emailed SkyAngel, GMTN's site had a message on their homepage website
Now showing:
GMTN PUBLIC DISCLOSURE STATEMENT:
Gospel Music Television Network is owned and operated by 1. A Chord, Inc., a Texas 501 c (3) non-Profit Corporation. 1. A Chord, Inc. is controlled by its Board of Directors, and Official Business Decisions are made by a duly called meeting of its Board of Directors and resolutions are passed or failed by a vote of its Board of Directors! Contrary to what you may have been informed, the Board of Directors of 1. A Chord, Inc. did not pass a resolution of any type to sell GMTN or enter into a contract with any management company, or to leave any cable outlet, online streaming outlet or sattelite outlet. We hope this brings a more complete clarification to all of GMTN's viewers. Thank You for your support!​

GMTn.com also has a SkyAngel ad prominently on their homepage and the click through claims they are on SkyAngel
If you enjoy Southern Gospel music as much as we enjoy bringing it to you, then you'll want to know more about the Dominion Sky Angel system.

Watch GMT, plus receive Solid Gospel Music Radio and many more channels.
...​

JL

Well there it is..........GMTN board of directors didn't vote to leave SA so it has to be on SA. After calling and talking to SA, they must be getting a herd of phone calls about the new channels. The rep I talked to said not one was a happy call, seems odd. Also, I called GMTN, they have a new phone number 512 220 7561 and they give their address as in Austin Texas. So for what it's worth something substantial has taken place and SA isn't telling the whole story behind it.

True Story about GMTN

It looks like GMTn is having some problems with a former employee. Here is a quote from an alternate web site GMTn has had to set up.

:quote from another website that is just gmtn with an info at the end instead of com (can't post the url on this message)

Attention loyal GMTN viewers.

Please be advised that Sky Angel has bent over backwards to help us work through our current problems. If you are hearing differently from anyone at GMTN, they are simply not telling the truth. Sky Angel is partnering with us to allow us to continue programming on Sky Angel One and future specials.

The information you received on our original website original was put there by a disgruntled former employee. Due to the actions of our former employee, we have been unable to control the content of our website and have in fact had to create this new website.

Please do not call or email Sky Angel. They have been most understanding concerning our problem and you will not help by calling them.

Thanks for your faithful support!

GMTN Family

This may be the cause of the confusion about the removal of GMTN form Sky angel

sa

Caeboy said:
It looks like GMTn is having some problems with a former employee. Here is a quote from an alternate web site GMTn has had to set up.

:quote from another website that is just gmtn with an info at the end instead of com (can't post the url on this message)

Attention loyal GMTN viewers.

Please be advised that Sky Angel has bent over backwards to help us work through our current problems. If you are hearing differently from anyone at GMTN, they are simply not telling the truth. Sky Angel is partnering with us to allow us to continue programming on Sky Angel One and future specials.

The information you received on our original website original was put there by a disgruntled former employee. Due to the actions of our former employee, we have been unable to control the content of our website and have in fact had to create this new website.

Please do not call or email Sky Angel. They have been most understanding concerning our problem and you will not help by calling them.

Thanks for your faithful support!

GMTN Family

This may be the cause of the confusion about the removal of GMTN form Sky angel

What? you mean Sky Angel isn't the mean people that some have made them out to be? How can this be? good find caeboy

Just to verify, a "WHOIS" search shows the "gmtn.info" web site is registered to:
Registrant Name: Gospel Music Television Network
Registrant Organization: Gospel Music Television Network
Registrant Street1: 7816 East U.S. Highway 82
Registrant City: Gainesville
Registrant State/Province: TX
Registrant Postal Code: 76240

See ya
Tony

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts