Gospell GKC-D002 C/Universal Ku LNBF

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hd fan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 1, 2009
Ontario
This LNBF has 2 outputs, 1 at the tubular end , the other one at the square box on the side. Could someone tell me which one is C-band and which is one is Ku? It does not say nor it has any documentation nor I can find it over the net nor the dealer knows for sure either.

I am about to give up on this C-Band w 90 cm Dish enterprise. Ku side works ok but nananina trespatines (nothing at all) on the C-Band side. BTW the front cover fell and since I saw the small Vertical and Horizontal antennas inside the feedhorn I figured it out that the C band conector was the one on the square side (the "antennas" were longer) and the Ku the one at the end with the smaller "antennas" .

The 1.2 m dish would not fit in my small car so I decided to try with the 90 cm. Back to the dealer tomorrow with a van I guess for the bigger dish .....

Finally!!!!. My first C-Band Digital signal!!!!. The Word Network on 91W and since it uses 1/2 FEC it locks with only 59-60 on my CS 6000. BTW apparently I have the LNBF rotated 90 degrees off since both Ku and C-Band polarisations are inverted , I will have to rotate it later when it stops raining. The LNBF has an arrow at the end that I lined up with the 0 mark of the holder (this is a motorised 90 cm Dish) but looks like it has to be 90 degrees off, who knows the logic behind that eh?. Yes there is light rain and even with the 90 cm Dish it works. MTA mux is borderline but works beautifully. No signs of Univision's TP right next to The Word yet , ahhhh!!!

Last edited:
The CS 8100 (the CS 6000 is in the bedroom slaved of this one) locks it at just 1% but if I select FEC 1/2 in the manual scan then it jumps to 25%. CS 6000 does not have the capability to set the FEC , it always uses Auto when scanning in. Not even in the livingroom where the CS 8100 is I can get any other C-Band signal off this 91W bird. No switches used.

Wow!! Heavy Rain with ThunderStorm now and even the QPSK tp's on Bell 82W went down but still the C-Band signal , The Word, on 91W is working perfectly. It just cut the audio very rarely during the heaviest part of the storm. I managed to tweak the lnb better and now signal Q is around 40% but still this is the one and only C-Band signal I can get with this 90 cm motorised dish. I guess FEC 1/2 helps a lot. After the rain I will try with another 90 cm Dish (non flimsy like this Fortec Star which also has minor bumps from a previous Storm) to lock to the Univision signal on the same bird.

BTW , during mid night , the signal started to pixeleate and became unwatchable at some point around 3 am, and Q went down from 25 yesterday to barely 4. No idea why since the weather was the same or slightly better. Maybe the sat drifted away at night time and gets closer to the center of box during the day although I do not think this is a daily process , it takes several days for the sat to drift away. Usually Center of Box days are that , days during the month (reported with specific hours) and not hours within a day, every day.

So far I am very happy with this Gospell C/Ku LNBF although to be fair this is my first C band LNBF so I have no reference to compare with others.

Well , maybe I was right , maybe it acctually drifted away during midnight. As per this public info from Intelsat , the sat operator, http://www.intelsat.com/isdocs/ephemeris/i_iar_c_91.00_G-17_20090806_000000.txt for Galaxy 17 @ 91W , the sat acctually drifts away every day during aproximately the same time. Center of box info is monthly usually because ir refers to a very very small polygon +/- 0.005 degrees width/height. August 17 & 18 around 800 hours (I guess GMT) are the perfect days to aim and secure the dish properly for this 91W bird. But anyways I am not going to wait that long nor my dishes are comercial high precision adjustments dishes anyways so I will try tomorrow weather permitting.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts