Got a call from "Dish Network Loyalty Dept" for 50% off. Is this legit?

OP, I'm also an international subscriber, and also got a call a while back and also got one more recently too. Let me guess, it was from India, wasn't it? I posted about it here (http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads...On-by-company-pretending-to-be-DISH-affiliate). The guy who called me was persistent; I told him I was busy and he asked when he could call back. He called back right on time. After I felt like I wasted enough of his time, I had him e-mail me information about the deal. Read the attachment from the thread I posted and note how even within the "promotion" memo, there are 3 addresses.

Anyways, don't be surprised if you soon get a call from a different guy in India who can lower your utility bill by 50% in the same way.

I think the scam ends up with you buying prepaid cards and mailing them to some address somewhere, but I haven't stuck around long enough to actually pay up.

I got a phone call exactly like this just a week ago, I was going to go for it because the person knew my name, what I subscribed to, what my total bill amount was, and my phone number.

I got a phone call exactly like this just a week ago, I was going to go for it because the person knew my name, what I subscribed to, what my total bill amount was, and my phone number.

It is very disturbing that the people running these scams have been able to get at what should be protected information...if they can get at all this account info what is keeping them from getting at payment info (for those on autopay)... Very concerning

Ross

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So if Dish Network audit team calls then are you supposed to tell them that there were emails sent out by Dish Network stating not to give out information that they would never ask for any? How would you then know if it was really the audit team and that would not be used as a fraudulent purpose? That is a good way to tick off an audit nazi and have your whole account shut off permanently.

So if Dish Network audit team calls then are you supposed to tell them that there were emails sent out by Dish Network stating not to give out information that they would never ask for any? How would you then know if it was really the audit team and that would not be used as a fraudulent purpose? That is a good way to tick off an audit nazi and have your whole account shut off permanently.
AND it opens the door for scammers to pose as Audit nazis just to try to harvest your information.

Which is why I say God help the audit team should call and give me the speech. I usually don't show any respect to anyone, because I generally think it's a telemarketer or a scam. Then again, I have 1 hopper and 2 joeys, so I don't think I'll be on the top of Dish's account stackers watch list.

There are a lot of people that would be duped by someone just saying they were from your TV service, not even identifying the company.

Oh I agree,I just think the number of scams could be higher using the dish audit team as the call.

In the end, if it sounds too good to be true...

I know I needed to double check the HBO deal offered directly through the Dish website before I realized there were no catches.
It is very disturbing that the people running these scams have been able to get at what should be protected information...if they can get at all this account info what is keeping them from getting at payment info (for those on autopay)... Very concerning

Ross

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Which does beg the question, umm... how do they have this information? If they target International subscribers, that means they know the packages. And to get the final total right, they would even need to know a state surcharge or tax, if it exists.

ETA: Darn echo! :eek:

Yeah next time just give them Charlie's number and address so he can see the kind of stuff customers have to deal with. :)

Does anyone, besides me, wonder how the Federal Government and their 'Do Not Call' list are handling spoof calls? I receive spoof calls like ones from 'Credit Card Services' all the time, using a variety of area codes and phone numbers.

I am on the Federal and State 'Do Not Call' lists and still receive these calls. Shows how good government is in protecting consumers!

Any way to report the spoofers and get some relief from them from the government? Or is it just a typical government feel good program that gives no results?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)