Got a call from DISH Network today. They said they my receivers weren't updating or something?

I told them the last time I got audited it would be the one and only time I would do a audit, the next time they can shut it off, because I won't waste my time. I'll just call Directv or Cox. Customers shouldn't be harassed like that.

They must have been targeting Oklahoma at that time, as my sister, dad and inlaws all got audited the same week. They were rude and accused me off lying and telling me my house wasn't big enough to need the 4 receivers I had, they shut my dad's 2 receivers off because he was in the hospital for 2 weeks and no one was home to answer the phone.

I am reading these posts with shock. Why would anyone put up with that from a company you pay money too. I would just leave. An audit for tv watching. I am amazed at this.

Because there are people out there that ruin it for all of the good customers out there. All dish is trying to do is take care of business and I don't blame them.

I understand the company wanting to control that issue. How do they choose who to call and check. Does a red flag come up on their end. Then it makes a lot of sense. I am just thinking of my parents who are in their 80's and would flip out trying to do that stuff.

Went thru audit just one time after many years of being a customer with just two receivers. (I was even an installer, and had the combination "starband/dish" internet setup and installed the satellite transmitter/dish/system at my home.) Had (early) vonage. Back then, dish receiver (501, early PVR if memory serves on the number) wouldn't talk consistently to first-generation vonage systems. Furthermore, my vonage was forwarded from my home to my OFFICE about 120 miles away when I first bought my business. When I got the call forwarded to work, I couldn't verify anything because I wasn't home, and got interrogated about why a commercial business answered for a home number. I tried to remain polite. It got impossible to explain what I just typed here to the representative, and when I got home, the receivers were shut down, hard drive clean of most recordings. Never went back.

Now, I WILL say, a friend of mine who's not tech-savvy or ready for "FTA" wanted some particular channels, and I DID hook him up with Dish via DIRT team here! (Matt.) My friend chose the "buy your own equipment, pay as you go" and is very happy. Thus, I've actually brought a customer TO the company since this incident, but I personally won't buy it again. I also had the DIRT team help with a friend's call from a scammer and DIRT was very helpful. If the entire phone staff was as efficient, polite, and patient as the DIRT group here, these things would not happen as much, and the company's image would not be tarnished by how consumers view audits!

I understand the "call home" now works with most any type of phone system, by the way. Is that true???

Why would anyone put up with this audit crap. If they want to check your equipment they can call politely and to arrange an appointment to send a representative out to your home at your convenience. After all you are a paying customer. Utility companies have to do the same if there is not an outside meter to read. They can't just shut your gas, water or electric off, just because you won't jump threw hoops, and drop whatever you are doing to give them a meter reading.

This is why it is not only channel selection and pricing that has led some of us satisfied customers to other providers.

Why would anyone put up with this audit crap. If they want to check your equipment they can call politely and to arrange an appointment to send a representative out to your home at your convenience. After all you are a paying customer. Utility companies have to do the same if there is not an outside meter to read. They can't just shut your gas, water or electric off, just because you won't jump threw hoops, and drop whatever you are doing to give them a meter reading.

This is why it is not only channel selection and pricing that has led some of us satisfied customers to other providers.
I really hate standing up for Dish but calling for an appointment would defeat the purpose of trying to catch someone giving or renting a receiver to a friend or family member at another address. The thief would just make sure the appointment date and time gave him enough time to get the receiver back to his house.

Account stacking is a kind of "theft of service" crime and could possibly get someone prosecuted. But I have always wondered how much Dish figures it looses verses how much business is run off because of the often heavy-handed tactics they employ to suppress it.

Whiteyguy said:
on the agreements that all customers have to sign when starting a new account or upgrading. the last part of the contract says that they can call u if your late on a payment. so yes they can call.

Claude never said that Dish wont call he said they wont call and ask for sensitive info like SSN, credit card #'s and the like. They will most certainly call if you misss a payment which is totally different.

Ross

Sent from my rooted DROID RAZR Maxx using SatelliteGuys

I do not like the way some of the members of the audit team act towards the customers, but I do understand WHY they (Dish) do it.

I really hate standing up for Dish but calling for an appointment would defeat the purpose of trying to catch someone giving or renting a receiver to a friend or family member at another address. The thief would just make sure the appointment date and time gave him enough time to get the receiver back to his house.

Account stacking is a kind of "theft of service" crime and could possibly get someone prosecuted. But I have always wondered how much Dish figures it looses verses how much business is run off because of the often heavy-handed tactics they employ to suppress it.

Yes, but they need to use some common sense, and depending on the case give them some slack. I.E. my father is 95 yrs old and he is very fortunate to be able to still drive, use his cellphone and his tv remote; but we had to drop his digitial cable and get him straight old analog cable tv, because he was always pushing the wrong buttons on the cable remote and ending up with blank screens on his tv.

Claude never said that Dish wont call he said they wont call and ask for sensitive info like SSN, credit card #'s and the like. They will most certainly call if you misss a payment which is totally different.
Claude specifically mentioned receiver numbers as part of the sensitive info, which the audit team DOES ask for. So they are violating their own agreement.

I do not like the way some of the members of the audit team act towards the customers, but I do understand WHY they (Dish) do it.
Agreed. Except I'd change "some" to "all".

I'm down to just running one receiver now, so the chances of them calling are low. However, at one time I was running three dual tuners (before they jacked the rates). I was HOPING they would call. I would love to give a power-tripping audit dude a piece of my mind. I guarantee the call would have been recorded and if they showed their arse it WOULD have been played unedited on national radio the next day.

Oh well, it doesn't look like that's gonna happen now. But I still dare them to call. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts