Got Adelphia. May god have mercy on my soul!!!!!

Ilya said:
We have 18 HD channels total in our area including 5 local, 1 PPV Events and NFL HD (currently no HD on these two ;))

Here is the list:

703 WKYC HD
704 WOIO HD
705 WEWS HD
708 WJW HD
710 WVIZ HD
750 HD HBO (with HBO pack only)
751 HD SHOWTIME (with ShowTime pack only)
752 HD STARZ Starz (with Starz pack only)
753 HD CINEMAX (with Cinemax pack only)
770 HD NET
771 HDN MOVIES
772 ESPN HD
773 ESPN2 HD
774 INHD1
775 INHD2
776 Discovery HD
778 NFL HD
799 HD PPV Events

We have the same minus the PPV Events. I am really happy. I'm really pleased with the 6412 DVR's, probably because their the first HD DVR's that I have had.
The funny thing is, my wife stated for the first time how good the HD and Digital channels looked. She also took the initiative to learn about the season pass option to record her shows on the HD locals. Thank god I have two DVR's. :shocked

Unfortunately Cox here calls there PPV channels inDemand. :(

I can't wait until we get our own place again and get Directv moved. I can't stand Cox "digital" cable. Even the PQ on the digital channels looks like crap compared to D*. Their analog channels (basically the majority of their channels) have static on them a little.

warkovision said:
I'm in Los Angeles which is divided between TWC and Adelphia. I unfortunately live in an Adelphia area in the San Fernando Valley. They don't have ANY HD available here :no - and this is supposedly the entertainment capital of the world. It just astounds me how far behind they are in my area. They are a nonstarter here for anyone with HD desires.

What Adelphia center services your area? I'm also in LA serviced by the Eagle Rock service center. They have limited HD, I just order it to be turned back on (of course I have to wait until May 7, because they are out of HD boxes). They are CBS, NBC, ABC, FOX, PBS, Discovery. HBO, Showtime, and get this ESPN can be added for additional fees. What other company doesn't include ESPN in their basic HD package? I can tell you from when I had Adelphia HD before I discovered Voom, PQ is bad. Adelphia has major bandwidth and signal quality issues in addition to their often occurring outages.

Blame our elected city officials though. Even though it is widely known that Los Angeles Adelphia is one of the most technologically outdated systems in the country, city officials keep renewing their franchise and will not let another provider in. Wonder who's getting paid off.

Well i just jumped to Adelphia had a lady CSR that didn't speak very good english but i ended up squeezing a nice deal i think... I got the Ultimate package with Internet which i already have the internet, also 1 HD-DVR, 1 Digital Reciever.. And just to clarify the Ultimate pack is Every channel adelphia offers including HD's.. Regular price was $154.90 plus tax and i got it for $129.50 a month for 16 months.. Got $400 off, translated into $25 less on your bill for 16 months.. And install will cost me $29.95 for first time cable turn on fee "Brand spankin new house", so i can deal with that and another $19.95 for turning on 2 of my outlets inside the house.. Normally $19.95 for each outlet she gave me another $20.00 off install.. And don't have to pay crap to the installer they will just add install fee to my bill.. Oh and they said when did you want it, i said doesn't matter and she said how about tomorrow morning and i was like SURE.. LOL... So story ends i saved $420.00 on 4/20 hehehe, so me and my lungs will go back to celebrating before the holiday is over... lol

:(

and so it continues...now I'm not getting one of the premium channels I'm paying for. I have the full package but thrillermax west isn't even showing up in the guide. I called and the guy didn't even try and troubleshoot it over the phone or reset the box or anything. he just set up for a tech to come by this friday.

BTW, my DVR is a scientific atlanta explorer 8300HD. Does anyone know if what the various settings on this thing do? Can it output anything besides 480i and 1080i? The led display on the box itself always says 1080i no matter what I change the menu settings to. It doesn't seem to have any stretch modes either.

keno said:
............... I live in Northern Idaho (small hick town) and receive the following HD channels:

702 CBS HD High Definintion Broadcast HD (High Definition)
704 NBC HD High Definition Broadcast HD (High Definition)
706 ABC HD High Definition Broadcast HD (High Definition)
712 PBS HD High Definition Broadcast HD (High Definition)
728 DISC HD Discovery HD Broadcast HD (High Definition)
750 HD HBO HD (High Definition)
751 HD SHOWTIME Showtime HD Cinemax HD (High Definition)
752 HD STARZ Starz HD Starz HD (High Definition)
754 HD NET
755 HDN MOVIES
756 INHD1 iNDemand HD
757 INHD2 iNDemand HD
760 ESPN HD ESPN HD

The service from Adelphia has been great. If you have any problems, they're out the next day. They just bumped my high speed internet service to 6mbps. The fastest in the country. And the dual tuner HD DVR is fantastic. The only complaint I have about Adelphia is their pricing. They seem to keep it a secret until you talk to a CSR. They need to disclose the exact pricing per package on their web site. The quality of the HD picture is as good as Voom. All other channels are digital, so they are watchable (similar to the quality of Dish). Other things I like are no unsightly ugly dish, no comittment, and no huge upfront fees for their HD DVR. The first week of May I'm having the Voom dish taken down and those two ugly "trailer park" antennas on my roof taken off. Voom will only be a memory.

Are you in Coeur d'Alene or close by?? I am moving there this summer & will drop Dish totally then!! How is the Moto HD DVR??
Is the Spokane Fox going HD this summer?? Hopefully Adelphis will add them for football season.

lostcause said:
BTW, my DVR is a scientific atlanta explorer 8300HD. Does anyone know if what the various settings on this thing do? Can it output anything besides 480i and 1080i?
That's what I've got!
Yes, there is a native mode in the settings. (Don't remember how that parameter is called. Press the SETTINGS button twice and go through the list)
I believe I am getting 720p on both ESPNs.

In addition, you can enable or disable specific modes in the initial installation menu accessible (if I remember correctly) by pressing GUIDE and INFO buttons on the front panel simultaneously.

Ilya said:
That's what I've got!
Yes, there is a native mode in the settings. (Don't remember how that parameter is called. Press the SETTINGS button twice and go through the list)
I believe I am getting 720p on both ESPNs.

In addition, you can enable or disable specific modes in the initial installation menu accessible (if I remember correctly) by pressing GUIDE and INFO buttons on the front panel simultaneously.

Found this

http://www.sciatl.com/customers/Source/7004920.pdf

It's the user manual for it. It shows how to enable or disable the different picture formats, along with everything else.

SpringsGuy said:
Hey Ilya is that the same list of channels that it would give you if you tried to get a channel line-up from adelphia homepage?
Yes, that's exactly the list I am getting on their web site. And it is what I actually have with the exception of two premium channels that I don't subscribe to.

The HD PPV Events channel has nothing on it. I guess it's only active for PPV boxing and other special events.

umm...what hd ppv channel? I don't seem to have one of those. I don't have PBS-HD either.

Oh well...at least I got my box figured out more or less. Now if they would only fix thrillermaxwest.

I got a letter from Adelphia offering 1 free month trial of digital cable. I almost went for it but I dont like all of those analog channels. How do those channels look to all of you? Especially if any of you are in the upstate NY region. Ive had an Adelphia CSR argue with me that they are all digital and any TV can be HDTV.

SatelliteGAL said:
I got a letter from Adelphia offering 1 free month trial of digital cable. I almost went for it but I dont like all of those analog channels. How do those channels look to all of you? Especially if any of you are in the upstate NY region. Ive had an Adelphia CSR argue with me that they are all digital and any TV can be HDTV.

lol...why doesn't that surprise me. Their CSRs don't seem to know much about the technology they're selling. As for how they look, I've only surfed past them briefly but they were just as good or bad as any other analog channels. I've spent most of the time I've had so far just watching HD and still watching voom.

Just to see what CableVisions DVR, HD and SD programming and equipment offers I actually activated their HD DVR service. Other than the installation nightmare and no way to get the DVI output to work, I was also told IN HD was PPV and actually beleived them.

We never had cable in my house as I have only had Satellite and my house is a older one that I purchased from older folks who never had cable, just analog OTA. So my company ran all of the coax for my DIRETV service. We wall fished all of the wires and it came out terrific. Anyway, the Cable installer told me he could not get the coax to my LR and that the DIRECTV installer used his coax. So if I wanted cable I would need to drop DIRECTV. He would not di-plex his signal on the satellite circuit (not that I want him to anyway) and he would not even run the coax on the exterior of the outside and or inside my house. I called one of my technitions who ran the coax.

I'll call CableVison tommorrow and get IN HD turned on.

-Robert

DTV TiVo Dealer,

If you have a Scientific Atlanta HD-DVR box, the DVI is disabled by default... and this happens to every one of these boxes out there, no matter the cable operator that provides them.

SA is supposed to have a software update that will enable it but the ETA on when it is going to be out is not known yet. From what I've heard, it is currently being beta tested and rumor has it that it should become available to all cable operators by mid/late summer.

Check that pdf I linked to earlier. I can't read it right now but I believe it mentioned how to enable the hdmi and dvi outputs depending on which one your box has. Mine has hdmi, not dvi.

DTV tivo dealer, if they give you any crap about inHD being ppv, just do what I did. Tell them ok fine, in that case you want to order a program on it.

Tahoerob said:
Are you in Coeur d'Alene or close by?? I am moving there this summer & will drop Dish totally then!! How is the Moto HD DVR??
Is the Spokane Fox going HD this summer?? Hopefully Adelphis will add them for football season.

Yes, just on the out-skirts of Coeur d'Alene (literally our backyard is the Spokane River). The Moto HD DVR is fantastic. With two tuners you can watch one channel while recording another. Or you can record two shows that at are on at the same time. I also have a Tivo unit upstairs. No comparison. The Moto works and feels much better. The Moto has all the same features (Season Ticket, search by name, etc.). The things I don't like about the Moto versus the Tivo are:

1) When you fast forward through commercials, the Tivo will jump back automatically for about 3 to 5 seconds when you stop. With the Moto you have to be "quick on the trigger" (or rewind to see the beginning).

2) The hard drive needs to be larger. When you have a season pass setup for the Tonight Show, Letterman, CSI, CSI Miami, CSI New York, Two and a Half Men, Raymond, Still Standing, Rodney, Cold Case, Lost, Without a Trace, Extreme Makeover, IMAX on INHD, Iron Chef, a couple of HD movies, and a few sports programs, your hard drive will fill up pretty fast. But it's nice to watch these shows when you want without commercials.

Other than that, the Moto is a great HD DVR with no problems.

Fox goes HD in June 2005. When Adelphia will add them is anybody's guess. However, since Comcast bought Adelphia, and it will take several months for approvals (i.e. regulatory agencies and stockholders), Adelphia may not add Fox in June (as they will be in disarray). Of course, Fox is still shown in digital on Adelphia, but wish they will add them in HD in June.

Adelphia needs a few more HD channels in this area, like HD PPV, WealthTV, Universal HD, and Encore HD. The Food Channel is going HD in a few months. I hope they pick them up.

You'll really like it up here. I moved here from Los Angeles thirteen years ago and never looked back. You have to get the HD DVR because in the summer the Sun does not set until 10:00 pm. So during prime time TV, most of the time you will be out on your boat fishing, water skiing, exploring (hundreds of miles of navigable rivers on the Coeur d'Alene Lake) or jet skiing, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)