Got call from D* to come back. Will have 150 HD by March!?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

markd

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 4, 2004
Memphis area
I just got a call from D* wanting me to come back. He asked the reason why I left. And I told him the PQ of the HD channels. He told me they have a new HD STB that takes care of the PQ. Also, they have 20 HD channels now which was more than anyone else. I was to tired to argue with him about what he was saying.

Anyways, he said if I would come back he would give me the STB (not DVR) for free, knock $10.00 off my monthly bill for a year and give me the premium channels two months for free. And he told me that no one knows about this but the 1st of March they are going to have 150 HD channels. Needless to say I just grin to myself.

He was very polite until I told him I will just wait a little while and see what happens. If they get the best PQ then I'll come back. That's when he got a little bit rude. He said if I didn't take his deal now it will cost a lot more after they add the 150 hd channels in a few days. I said no thanks and he said well that's your call if you want to pay more money in the future, thank you, goodbye.

I should of wrote down his name and found out how I could get back in touch with him. If March comes and goes without the new channels (where is there 150 channels for me out there) I could call him back and ask what happened.

I just got a call from D* wanting me to come back. He asked the reason why I left. And I told him the PQ of the HD channels. He told me they have a new HD STB that takes care of the PQ. Also, they have 20 HD channels now which was more than anyone else. I was to tired to argue with him about what he was saying.

Anyways, he said if I would come back he would give me the STB (not DVR) for free, knock $10.00 off my monthly bill for a year and give me the premium channels two months for free. And he told me that no one knows about this but the 1st of March they are going to have 150 HD channels. Needless to say I just grin to myself.

He was very polite until I told him I will just wait a little while and see what happens. If they get the best PQ then I'll come back. That's when he got a little bit rude. He said if I didn't take his deal now it will cost a lot more after they add the 150 hd channels in a few days. I said no thanks and he said well that's your call if you want to pay more money in the future, thank you, goodbye.

I should of wrote down his name and found out how I could get back in touch with him. If March comes and goes without the new channels (where is there 150 channels for me out there) I could call him back and ask what happened.

150 HD channels by March 1st.
You should have told him that the CAPACITY will be 150 when the sats are up and operational and seen what he said.
You are correct, there are not 150 HD channels unless he's talking about locals and RSN's.
Should have asked him to email you the list of channels and you would look them over and get back with him.

I wish they would call me ....

Jimbo

I wish someone would actually get a CSR ID name/number and record one of these supposed asinine comments. They are starting to sound like the old "my brother's, friend's, mother's, neighbor's gardener says" kind of story. Anyone making a comment like this should be fired on the spot. If for any other reason, than not being able to read.

Yea, March 1st of what year where they going to get the 150 HD channels?

But seriously, im not saying this because im a DISH Dealer but Directv should really get these so called 150 HD channels first before they go telling everyone they are going to get them.

Its pretty sad that customers are actually believing this and signing 2 year contracts where they do not even have the content they are promising.

I seriously hope they do get 150 HD channels because then it will not be long before DISH gets 150 HD channels also to match them!

It's not actually DirecTV but a scummy telemarketing company that makes those calls. They will tell you anything. No excuse though.

Had them call me up once trying to get to sign up for HBO. I told them I already have it and did for quite some time. She said "no you don't". I said "excuse me? I think I know what channels I have". She wouldn't take no for an answer or that I already had HBO. I eventually just hung on her.

I remember getting calls from scummy Dish dealers trying to tell me that DirecTV was going away because they bought them so they wanted to get a head start and replace all my receivers with Dish boxes. Don't know how many times I told them they were full of sh!t.

But seriously, im not saying this because im a DISH Dealer but Directv should really get these so called 150 HD channels first before they go telling everyone they are going to get them.

Claude,
I think that once this progect is over, (the new sats) you will see that type of info from them, as in NO info until it's up and running, and that will make it quite boring in the forums, but probably better in the long run.

You would not have this problem if people learned to understand what they read and or hear.

How many times have we seen or heard quotes about how D* will have the capacity for 150 HD channels .... yet people only hear that D* will have 150 HD channels up soon, and wonder whats taking them so long.

Jimbo

That guy was just trying to make a sell. I did an install the other day. I do dish and direct. This one was for direct, and the guy had dish. I asked why direct he said 'cause the guy at Bestbuy told him he would have 100-150 of his channels in HD by the end of March.

Claude,
I think that once this progect is over, (the new sats) you will see that type of info from them, as in NO info until it's up and running, and that will make it quite boring in the forums, but probably better in the long run.

You would not have this problem if people learned to understand what they read and or hear.

How many times have we seen or heard quotes about how D* will have the capacity for 150 HD channels .... yet people only hear that D* will have 150 HD channels up soon, and wonder whats taking them so long.

Jimbo

Unless someone has found some way of using the spotbeam capability of the satellites at 99 and 103 for nationals, there will be no new national HD channels until DirecTV 10 and 11 launch later this year. Here's the DirecTV press release. http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=127160&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=948332&highlight=

This was released before the explosion on the Sea Launch platform that DirecTV was planning to use for the launch of DirecTV11. DirecTV11 will almost certainly be delayed, maybe even until early 2008. Assuming DirecTV 10 launches as planned, DirecTV will have capacity for about 75 national HD channels before the end of 2007 (and 500 more spotbeamed HD locals). There may even be 75 HD channels to transmit, if you include the fulltime HD RSNs like NESN. When DirecTV11 launches, there will be capacity (there's that word again) for 75/500 more.

There won't be 150 National HD Channels even next March 1st.

I should have ask him will it be 150 channels that I would be able to see (not LIL). But I already know the answer would have been yes. If I wasn't so tired I probably would have drilled him.

I'm with Comcast right now and that's were I'm going to stay until everybody (D*, E*, AT&T, Cable) gets their new stuff up and running. Then I'll see which one has the best PQ and the programming I want.

I should have ask him will it be 150 channels that I would be able to see (not LIL). But I already know the answer would have been yes. If I wasn't so tired I probably would have drilled him.

I'm with Comcast right now and that's were I'm going to stay until everybody (D*, E*, AT&T, Cable) gets their new stuff up and running. Then I'll see which one has the best PQ and the programming I want.

Or I like the idea previous, ask them for a list of said 100 - 150 national channels along with their ID name/number and the company they are calling from (not on behalf of).

Its pretty sad that customers are actually believing this and signing 2 year contracts where they do not even have the content they are promising.

I seriously hope they do get 150 HD channels because then it will not be long before DISH gets 150 HD channels also to match them!

We would if Dish network could learn to pay their bills "Cough" Court TV.

BTW no one said March ...But i can tell you it will be warm outside when you can.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts