got hd dvr for good price

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mikedz4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 15, 2004
I just got the hd dvr plus the antenna for $769. Plus I get 6 months of showtime for free, 3 months of the hd package for free,6 months of hbo for half price,$100 rebate, and $100 programming credit. So i get the hd dvr for $449 after $200 rebate and programming credit. I changed my address back to my billing address. But for some reason on my order status it has my pittsburgh service address and i still get pittsburgh locals. I want to make sure the installer will go to the right address. I told them the nearest crossroads was my street and the main street through town so I assumed she had changed the address. What am I supposed to do to make sure they go to the right house to install it?

Call D* the instant the installer time window passes, if they don't show.
Insist on speaking with a Tier 2 rep.
Insist to that Rep to keep you on the line until the installer has appropriate directions and has confirmed a new arrival time.

H

i'll call the 888 number they gave me this evening if the address on the order doesn't change to see which address they have the installer going to. If he doesn't show up by 5pm thursday I'll make sure to call and see where he went.

If your installation window is, say, 1-3pm, call IMMEDIATELY after 3pm.
Local installers are hit-and-miss when it comes to no shows.
If you call at 3:05 and complain enough, they may still be able to get an installer out the same day.

H

I was looking through my programming and it doesn't list any of my free programming, like hbo,showtime,the hd package. Is this normal or is there a mistake?

well it turns out they only offer the 4 payment option in pa and ma. So the guy transferred me to his super to see if she could do something. She cant. But apparently she can bill it to my account unlike the other guy said he couldnt. But now the problem is when they change my address it keeps going back to the old address. She fixed it and did bill it to my account and they are now installing friday from 8-12.

Will they still install if it is raining outside? All they are doing is adding another receiver and installing a ota hdtv antenna. It is supposed to rain friday and i was curious if they will have to reschedule.

Anyone? I need to know whether to expect the install to go on as scheduled or expect it to be cancelled because it's raining out.

is just showers or a steady rain considered adverse weather or would it take a heavy rain or thunderstorms for it to be adverse?

That would most likely be at the installers discretion (if you asked D* directly they would most likely cancel the install for saftey and quality reasons), in other words, if its sprinkling and he seems like he might cancel the install, you could (if you wanted) offer him some cash on the side as incentive, but you may not get the best quality install, and if rain gets into the connections while he's installing (even a drop) it could cause problems for you later, or not, shrug...at that point, it's a crapshoot.

Now if there is lightning, you're gonna need a bigger bribe ;)

I'd imagine even 3rd party D* installers (as well as D*) have an official stance to cancel any install where the installer might be exposed to dangerous situations (insurance).

mikedz4 said:
how will i know if he's considering cancelling or not?

Well if he calls you before showing up, he'll tell you he's cancelling (at which point you make it clear you are willing to 'pay' _him_ extra), if he shows up without the confirmation call to you, he'll tell you the same thing, only in person, also if he shows up, that is a sign that 1) he might intend to go on with the install anyways without the need for bribery, or 2) he might be more open to bribery since he knew it was raining before he got to your home, and could have called you and canceled and saved himself a trip, but don't offer a bribe until it's obvious he's gonna leave without installing. Now if D* calls you and not the installer and D* cancels, I think you'd be SOL.

When will the guy call? The installation is scheduled between 8a and 12p tomorrow.

Hogarth said:
If your installation window is, say, 1-3pm, call IMMEDIATELY after 3pm.
Local installers are hit-and-miss when it comes to no shows.
If you call at 3:05 and complain enough, they may still be able to get an installer out the same day.

H

If he changed his address to get pittsburg locals but he doesn't live at that address. D* makes the WO for the address he doesn't live it. Who's fault is it and if the tech goes to the address on the WO.

Both installers I have used called about an hour before they showed up, I can't say if it will apply to your situation or not, ymmv.

mikedz4 said:
When will the guy call? The installation is scheduled between 8a and 12p tomorrow.

Dude, relax.

Follow my original advice.. 12:05pm hits, and you've gotten neither a call nor an install, call D*.

You're not empowered to do anything else. :) Chill

I'm sorry, but I just can't help wonder where you were a couple of months ago when everyone got the HD Tivo for the $299 - $100 rebate and all the other freebies? I saw the headline and thought oh my, here we go again but then I saw the price and....well ouch! Hope you get it though , it's great!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)